2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,801 Posts
with the title of this post pros and cons i thought it was about ladies of the evening and convicts. those are things i know something about...lmao..

the mono cat thing has been beat to death. both types have their advantages and disadvantages. the only thing i can tell you is to fish out of the boats that you like and make sure to run them in the kind of waters you expect to fish and form your own opinion. all cats and all mono hulls are not the same. good luck in your quest to find your ultimate offshore ride....rick

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
good replies!

With my wife and I fishing the TKA, she wants to scale down to a 23' boat to have more of a winning chance (in prizes) and able to compete in both categories. Plus she is always commenting on getting a smaller boat when it comes to cleaning the boat after fishing trips. I don't blame her on that issue. When you are tired, beat-up by the sun, and tired from the 1.5 hour drive. A smaller boat would sure be nice. So at this point I am really trying to convince her that we need to trade for a cat w/4 strokes (for fuel economy). I will show her the responses and also do more research. Thanks to all..............Robert

· "FIRED UP" Contender
1,118 Posts
I have fished both the Glacier Bay and Worldcat and my main complaint is too much freeboard aft. I'm 6'2" with long arms and can barely reach the water. I really haven't witnessed the ride that all the hype is about..

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.