2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunked my 100D Chronarch yesterday, what steps do I need to take to ensure the reel will continue to function properly in the long run?

thanks in advance

La

·
Native Texan
10,977 Posts
$300 reel.... Take it and have it cleaned professionally. $25 vs damaged reel. Not a tough decision.

·
Registered
464 Posts
X2 HydraSport.
Or if you know what you are doing, lightly rinse it off and break it down and clean it yourself. I used my new Chronarch all last summer in the surf and broke it down every time. No damage so far but it is a lot of work. And at the same time I know absolutely how it was cleaned.
If you don't have the time or experience then by all means find a good reel repair shop and use them.

·
Excel, it's easy to be average
2,153 Posts
Rinse and clean it as soon as possible.

I wade and have a number of 50mg's and 100d7's and have little problem with either models when they get dunked although I feel a little more at peace with the aluminum reel dunkings.

Charles

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
No matter what the reel will need to be rinsed immediately and then torn down for proper cleaning and lubrication. This is true for aluminum or magnesium framed reels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
dunk

Take your reel to Benny Chambers(832-978-4152) at Fish n Hunt. He's the best I have ever seen, although you might have some other 2coolers say different that have never tried him!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No matter what the reel will need to be rinsed immediately and then torn down for proper cleaning and lubrication. This is true for aluminum or magnesium framed reels.
thanks, whats the turnaround time right now over there at shimano?

I have a couple to send to have the parts inspected & replaced if needed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts