2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in January I was fortunate enough to win a Waterloo HP Slam in a tournament put on by a buddy of mine. I went ahead and rigged it up but did not use it right away. I get kind of hard-headed and stuck in my ways so I was a little reluctant to put down the All-Star Titaniums that I had grown so fond of and accustomed to over the past 4 or 5 years. During the Texas Trout Series tournament in Corpus in February the cold front conditions demanded a slow-and-low approach with a bass assasin so I grabbed the Waterloo and went to fishing. During the course of the day I switched over to a Corky that I had rigged on an AllStar Titanium carried in my wading belt. The first cast with the All Star almost ended in tragedy because the rod was so heavy compared to the Waterloo that I almost cast the rod right out of my hand. Honest to goodness truth. Those of you who have experienced this phenomenon know exactly what I am talking about. To put it simply I fell in love with the incredible light weight and sensitivity of the Waterloo. It wasn't long afterward that I got my hands on a Waterloo HP Slam Mag because I like a little heavier action for Corkys and topwaters. The Slam Mag suits my style of fishing perfectly and is hands-down the best rod I have ever used. Every rod that Jimmy and Sydney build are built right and with the best top-of-the-line components.

For those who don't know already the website is www.waterloorods.com I would encourage anybody who is looking for a high-performance, top-of-the-line rod to contact them. You won't be disappointed.

BTW, I have some All Star Titaniums for sale......

·
Team Mullet
213 Posts
Holley, you don't know how to fish, who are you trying to kid? I will call you today and get you your shirts. You are hard headed, I tried to get you to throw Waterloo sticks two years ago. I guess we will let you off the hook.
-Denbow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts