2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at my parents house in a small town in South Tx and I need some opinions. My parents neighbor allows her dogs to run free every night which is a violoation of the city ordinance, but this lady is the Democratic Rep for the area and no one will touch her so nothing is getting done. We have called animal control and they don't help because at 8:00AM everyday when animal control starts working the dogs are in their owners back yard. I have set up shop outside to chase them off but they still come back every morning at 6:45...What they do is bark at the other neighbors dog and it creats some of the loudest barking I have every heard, then they leave and come back at 7:00.....I say all this to say you can't sleep past 6:45 at this house because of the neighbor...

What should I do? I'm a dog lover but I really hate these dogs and I'm on my breaking edge....

·
Proud Infidel
1,220 Posts
Have you talked to her? If that doesn't help, call the local news and see if they would run with the story. I can think of a million things to do, maybe trap them and bring them to another coutny animal shelter.

·
Maker of laser engraved switch panels
3,766 Posts
Have you talked to the neighbor? Write her a letter, and send it certified. Then if that does not work, go to the municipal court and file against the neighbor for the barking dogs. Call the PD every morning, have the phone where the dogs will be on the phone call which will be recorded. It seems it is not so much that the dogs are loose, but rather that they are barking.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
trap the dog, remove the collar and call animal control in the morning. Tell them you don't know who the dog belongs to.

if they still won't come get it - drop the dog off at their shelter.

worked for me once.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have talked to her and she could careless.....

We really don't have much of a news here so that will not work well...

Over the next few days I might just called the cops until they get tired of coming to the house...

We live in a county with tons of Democrats so that is why she is such a problem, she thinks she is powerful....

This has gone on for a year, thankfully I'm only here for the holidays but my parnets are finally getting upset as they are getting older and it is preventing them from sleeping in the AM hours...

·
At the gym
4,704 Posts
Over the next few days I might just called the cops until they get tired of coming to the house...
I would do that also, but in the meantime, go ahead and start trapping them.

Once trapped on your property, then call Animal Control right at 8AM and get their butts out there.

Oh yea, when you call the police, tell their dispatch to contact Animal Control, they do have an after hours number. Do not let them try the excuse that the call does not warrant Animal Control as it is not an emergency.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Option 1-use 'em for **********. I know a spot.
Option 2-put a pan of anti-freeze
Option 3-trap 'em and pull a Jimmy Hoffa on 'em.
Option 4-call Mike Vick and he'll do the rest. B&P

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Call them up and put a leash on them or tie down. After a day or so call the lady to see if she wants her dogs back if she can keep them on her land or Call the pound.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
A co worker had a simular problem, she had to get it on take and get actual recording from inside her house, and take that to court as eveidance. Eventualy her neighbor was forced to act or pay a fine ordered by the judge. Make sure the video clearly shows the dogs too.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
When you call the cops, tell them that you were chased by the dogs and they bit you on your pant leg. Make it look like they did.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Poor some red pepper around the outside parimeter of your property. They get a whiff of that, they won't want to come back for a while..

·
Registered
868 Posts
Don't be sleepin' past 6:45, that's the problem. You're burning daylight son!
Slingshots work pretty good that time of the day.

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
We have talked to her and she could careless.....

We really don't have much of a news here so that will not work well...

Over the next few days I might just called the cops until they get tired of coming to the house....

There is one "two step" option you have if you are "certain" there is an ordinance regarding dogs at large. Do the following: Videotape the little buggers running around. You know, "document" the violation taking place with as much detail as you can possibly capture. Be like that turd, Michael Moore investigating the local government conspiring against you because they ignore your pleas for help with these terrorist pooches running amok in your neighborhood.

Okay Martin Scorsese, got your video?? Good, now go down to the local municipal court and tell them that you want to file a complaint against your neighbor and you want her summoned to go to court regarding her dogs that she has failed (and refused) to restrain which outlines a violation for the appropriate ordinance. What's going to happen now is, your neighbor will be summoned to go to court by the local magistrate, Buford T. Justice or maybe even Steven Segal.

This nincompoop neighbor will get her summons to appear in court and this is where the Perry Mason in you will have to come out because you will have to stand in court (absent any police because you are the complainant now). Okay, so once you get your three piece suit complete with the elbow patches, pair of glasses and a smoking pipe complete with your dad's favorite briefcase, you will have to explain to the judge regarding your neighbor and her dogs. This is where presentation of the video you filmed will come in handy and very indisputable. Just make dang sure that you thoroughly erase any *****
(believe me I speak from experience and have seen people do this) that may be on the video and DO NOT record over any episodes of Robot Chicken or any Larry the Cable Guy shows.

Bringing someone into court before a judge to plead your case is a right that everyone has because complaints like yours are too common and you are bringing revenue to the court. Because you are the witness to the actual offense and if you have a good enough case (which is why you want video) I think your neighbor will be the only one with a problem. A problem that will be impossible for her to dispute. This is truly an excellent option you should be entitled to if you want to go through all the trouble because for the police or animal control to do something, it would have to be observed by them. But since you are the one seeing this happen first hand, you have a much stronger case!

Try giving your local municipal court a call first though to see if this will fly. If that fails, contact the Justice of the Peace Court that services your parents' address. Or you can get your neighbor something for Christmas (that is just around the corner) by collecting and gift wrapping all of the pooh her dogs are leaving in your parents' yard and give it to her to unwrap! :biggrin: "Ho! Ho! Hope this helps." :biggrin: -Hector

·
Registered
296 Posts
Option 1-use 'em for **********. I know a spot.
Option 2-put a pan of anti-freeze
Option 3-trap 'em and pull a Jimmy Hoffa on 'em.
Option 4-call Mike Vick and he'll do the rest. B&P
Careful Bevo! I made a joke about feedn' dogs antifreeze on another thread and got doused with red!
Just warnin' ya...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts