2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a dang raccoon (SP?) hanging around the horse barn. he's been getting in the cat and dog food and knocking stuff all over the place. i'm assuming it's only one!!

our rottweiller treed it the other night and it was a big sucker. i was hoping the rotty and the lab would tear it up, but the rotty isn't quick enough and the lab is a chicken $h*t.

i can't kill it cause my wife would have a fit.

anyone have ideas???

thanks,

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
I'll kill it - just give me directions. Have .22, will travel.

other than that, call the animal control dept for your county and aske them to come trap it and remove it. Chances are he'll just get replaced with another one.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
have-a-heart trap, dog food. Just wear thick leather gloves when you pick up the trap. ***** get really p%$^%^ when they are in the trap.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
James Howell said:
have-a-heart trap, dog food. Just wear thick leather gloves when you pick up the trap. ***** get really p%$^%^ when they are in the trap.
yeah, a buddy at work just told me about those things. he said that you can rent them from the county or from somewhere.

that's probably what i will do. good idea about the gloves.

if all else fails...im giving you a call S.C.

thanks guys.

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
Tried to trap one in my back yard and Regina's stupid cat went in the instead.....3 times. Got a pellet gun and will try to get it tonight. Neighbor's probably wouldn't like me shooting the shotgun. Them little buggers will eat you out of house and home.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
This sounds like a job for Fishing Inc. He even traps them out of the restaurant dumpsters for fun. LOL

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
we used to have a bad problem with them opening the freezer in the garage and helping themselves to the food inside. They'd take stuff out of the freezer and over to the pool to wash it before they ate. Couldn't tell you how many we trapped in a year - but it was a bunch.

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
I'll be ya 5 bucks

There's more than one. Those little boogers travel in groups.
I would trap them out. Shooting gets noisy.
If you don't it's going to cost you some bucks someday.

When they chew up your dog or eat through some wires.
When they start building a nest in your barn and you have 8 little ones now.
Then the wifey will never let you get rid of them.

Good luck, I only have the leg hold and killer traps.
They can be tough on a kitty. Inc.

PS Thanks for the kind works Senator..
Good memory.

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,872 Posts
If you ever see a peg-leg ****, he wont get caught in another #2 Victor, I guarantee you! lol

SC, they dont wash their food, they get it wet so they can swallow it! They dont have saliva glands in their mouths!

I second what Infamouse said, Inc's your man, no remorse!

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
I bet ole Harbormaster uses them for crab bait. tween them and the dock kitties, those traps'll never run out of bait. :D

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,872 Posts
That's just a viscious rumor! Noone's ever produced a single shred of evidence that the activity ever occured! :biggrin:

22 short hollow point!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Gunner posted on this earlier

at about 2:45! I'll bet he posts up tomorrow. I got a call from Reg (his girlfriend) at 9:00 pm this evening. She found the can't dead in the back yard this evening. By the condition of the cat, it was definitely a **** that did it.

He was a very sweet kitty. I'll miss seeing him at your house Mark. I even said a kitty prayer after speaking with Reg. I hope you get that culprit!

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
Problem solved.....just not the way we had hoped. I might start thinking of ***** the way Legate thinks of Stingrays....."Kill em, Kill em all". Reg wouldn't let me use up the rest of her cat's food to hunt the critters......oh well.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sad Mark!

So what are you saving the food for? LOL! That's ok, I just spoke with her, we're gonna stop at the pet stores while were out today. You'll probably have another kitty critter to take care of the food problem this evening! Just kidding ya! I promise we will stay out of trouble!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts