2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to post pics and have even down-sized pics to postage stamp size but keep getting the same "File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 19.5 KB. Your file is 322.3 KB."
I go to the manage attachments and then use the browser to find the pic and click on upload...
I haven't been able to post pics since we got back on-line after the hacker.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Wendi, Are you using the same proceedurers you did before the melt-down? Are you scanning 35mm into your computer or loading from a digital? The size limitation is 650 pixels wide and I don't believe the height is a factor. There a limit on KB but it is HUGE and you are way under that limit.

Wish I could help?!?

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am doing the same exact thing like I used to before the crash. I have re-sized to way less than the 600 pixels and even down-loaded the IrfanView program that Mont lists in the FAQ section as a good re-sizer. I even tried up-loading the same pics that I have uploaded before to no avail. Seems as though there is a glitch somewhere and I just can't figure it out. I had a lyin' post for the BillyStix contest, but couldn't upload the pics.... :(

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
When all else fails

Go to http://www.netmechanic.com/GIFBot/optimize-graphic.htm

Scroll down and click on "browse". Find your image, click on it and then click "open". Enter your "email address". Click on the "output format" and then click the little down arrow for your choices. Choose and then click on "test now" and wait for your image to appear. When it does, you can pick additional optimization options by placing a dot beside your choice or just leave it the way it is.

When the page loads with your images, scroll down and you will notice the difference in file size and byte size, etc. Also notice the further down the list you go, the smaller the file size is - but, also you will notice a difference in the colors, etc. of your image. Sometimes you can use this to get a great image and at a greatly reduced file size. But depending on the image, you might not be able to reduce it enough and still have any quality image left. You just have to try each individual image to see.

When you have one that you like, left click to bring it up on a page by itself. Then right click and save it to your computer.

IrFanview is a very good program, I have used it for years as a first step for website images BUT like all things there are better and more costly. Let me know if you would like some more help with anything..

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the file extension...like bmp or jpeg...make a difference on posting pics? I was able to upload a JPEG (92kb) pic on the test board, but the BMP (322kb) pic on TTMB......... both are well within the size limits on width and kb's......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts