2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Pro-lines are very good boats, not top tier, but definitely well built and offer a lot for the money. Heavy is synonomous with solid and you will find pro-lines are very solid..

Funny people talk about Mako's... I personally think the NEW BPS Brunswick Mako's are POS - the only thing they have in common with their older namesake is the name. I seriously doubt you will see a Mako following with these newer boats like you do with the older ones... The older ones are still sought after because they were good!

Ox, with all due respect, have you even been on a new Mako??? The fittings are sloppy, the gelcoat is fair and the placement of things like under gunnel water valves and such are atrocious IMHO... Sure the ride is ok, but I would look and buy a similar Hydra-Sports, Pro-line or Maycraft any day over a NEW mako... Now, I would take an older Mako and restore it anyday...

Not trying to start an argument here, but I think the new Mako's just barely make it in the mid tier and the pro-lines are a far better boat in ride, fit and finish..

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Mr. Breeze said:
Ox, didn't BPS buy Mako? I know the quality of Kenners went way down after BPS bought them.
Yes, that is exactly what I was saying in my reply.. They are owned by Brunswick, who also owns Kenner now and you said it... Quality goes way down. It's called QUANTITY over QUALITY..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.