2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the photo. section but got no response.

I recently got my second digital camera and really like it, I'm not good at all with just catching memories. That being said what can I do and what kind of printer would I need to be able to make an old fashion picture album. I'd like to send pics to my dad who doesn't have a computer.
Thanks in advance,
Rick

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
There are many real good printers, but the cost per pic gets up there with the cost of ink and paper. You can take your digital media to a drug store or Wally world and they will print your pics at an affordable price. Also, you can e-mail the pics to Wally world and they will be ready when you get there. Some places have a DIY machine that prints while you wait.

·
archTech
8,740 Posts
I would agree with FishinFoolFaron if you do not plan on printing much. My wife used to spend between $1,200 to $1,500 per year on processing...at discounted rates:eek:. She now prints off the printer with photo paper...which you can find at reasonable prices if you look around. It also lets you print up to 11"x17" pix which is nice.

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
I would agree with FishinFoolFaron if you do not plan on printing much. My wife used to spend between $1,200 to $1,500 per year on processing...at discounted rates:eek:. She now prints off the printer with photo paper...which you can find at reasonable prices if you look around. It also lets you print up to 11"x17" pix which is nice.
bw, I tried this a couple of times several years ago...my issue was the fact that the ink would feel "sticky" even after drying...and also the print quality (pixelation deformation) as it was clear. Any suggestions? I'd love to find a printer that prints photo quality we get from labs...is this possible?

·
archTech
8,740 Posts
bw, I tried this a couple of times several years ago...my issue was the fact that the ink would feel "sticky" even after drying...and also the print quality (pixelation deformation) as it was clear. Any suggestions? I'd love to find a printer that prints photo quality we get from labs...is this possible?
You need a good digital camera...8 megapixels or better and a good printer...laser quality. I have a commercial grade HP printer that gits er dun!:biggrin:

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
I have used the Epson Stylus printers for the last 5 years. They have fast drying prints and the quality of a store bought photo. i use a Photoshop program to change or alter all photos with great results.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
i have a canon pixma pro something lol.. put you back 500 buxs but its dang good.

I also have a epson mini and it prints good 5x7

1 - 8 of 8 Posts