2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you cruisers out there, Princess Cruise lines has made the decision to pull out of Galveston and send the Grand to Ft Lauderdale during the Fall 2007/Spring 2008 season. No reason given, anyone out there have any input?

My wife and I have our third cruise on the Grand booked for March, and planned on prebooking a fourth while on board. Looks like we will have to fly to Florida to cruise Princess.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Well, after our experience on the Princess Grand back in April I can't say I'll miss 'em too badly. They were the first cruise line we ever sailed on and 10 years ago they were FABULOUS. By now the service and quality and that "special Princess" feeling is long gone. We've sailed many times on Carnival in between the two princess cruises and you can now get a lot more for your money on a Carnival boat. It isn't any better than Princess but it is as good, in our experience, and costs a LOT less.

NOt sure if it's a case of resting on your laurels or what but Princess ain't a patch to what it used to be. Carnival, meanwhile, continues to struggle to improve.

Bon Voyage, Princess Grand..........

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We would like to take the Eastern Caribbean, St. Thomas, St. Martens, Nassau if that itinerary is still available.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
DannyMac said:
We would like to take the Eastern Caribbean, St. Thomas, St. Martens, Nassau if that itinerary is still available.
Danny, we did an 11 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on Carnival a few years back and it was the best. At that time all the Eastern Carib cruises departed from Miami or New Orleans. I'm not aware of any of Eastern Carib cruises from Galveston. If you find one please let me know. I hate the part of a cruise where you have to fly to your departure location. Much rather do all my cruisin' out of Galveston if it was possible.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jack, that itinerary is only out of Florida. We really enjoy cruising out of Galveston, no flying!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts