2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the line, that's what everyone seems to want. The latest and greatest at any price.........well maybe?
How much are you willing to pay for an inshore reel $250. $350.......more?
What about waders, will you buy $700. ones? How about $1200. ones that are better?

I personally think there's no limit to what someone will spend on "the right" product.
What about you?

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
I always pose this question: Does it catch fish better than my $119 Citica? Doubtful. For $1200 I could be enough Citica's to last for the next few generations of my family.

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
The most expensive is not always the best choice. For example, the Calais casts nice but is heavy and awkward compared to the Curado D and Chronarch. On the other hand, some things just cannot have a simple monetary value. I wouldn't even dream of buying inferior waders when I know that it will be torturous ownership to save just a few bucks. To each his own, though.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Mikew92 said:
I always pose this question: Does it catch fish better than my $119 Citica? Doubtful. For $1200 I could be enough Citica's to last for the next few generations of my family.
Not does it catch fish better but can I hang onto it all day? Personally, I need a small, lightweight reel. One that fine tunes the way I want it to, stands up ok to the salt, and doesnt make my hand tired from hanging onto it. I have a few in the 250 to 300 range that hold up well and I can use them all day. Yeah, I will pay for that. 500 or 600 though....I dont know...cant imagine what would make it that much better.

Waders? I dont see what the difference is between my breatheable 150 dollar waders and 1200 dollar pairs....can you really pay that much for waders? I didnt even know. What the heck do they do?

·
Registered
104 Posts
if its light and cast smooth then i ask my dad to buy it for me for a early birthday or christmas present u no so i dont care how much it is i care bout how much will my dad buy for me but when 2 years comes around im ganna have to go to the 150 to 200 range till money starts flowin in

·
Banned
129 Posts
I think alot of people are trying to look like they can fish when really they just cant. Oh look at me with my exspensive reel and rod and empty stringer. 1200 hundred dollar waders are for suckers.

·
Rain Rain Go AWAY
1,180 Posts
I couldnt agree more

tee-bag said:
1200 hundred dollar waders are for suckers.
I would wear them if they were given for me... lol....Bottom line for 70-80 bucks my breathables Hodgemans work great, when they leak I take them to Academy and get a new pair....I bought an 80 pair four years ago and they look brand new :)....

I did buy an expensive simms jacket, on sale from 279 to 170 and free shipping...I love that....

As far as reels, I saw that new baitcast from Shimano, and it looks sweet...But when it comes down to laying down that kinda green...Id rather by two reels....I can't see spending over 250....and I really want to keep it around $100.00....I will be trying that citica. I heard good things about it.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
When it comes to reels, the small lightweight frame of the MG is worth the extra coin to me, b/c I don't get to fidh but maybe once every 6 weeks. When I do fish, I am throwing tops and plastics all day. I have an old wrist injury from college on the hand I hold the reel in, so I am all for smaller and lighter. Makes it hurt less. Not that it would stop me from fishing, but it is so much better for just a little more money.

For me, the nice fishing gear I have seems twice as sensitive, and lasts about 10 times longer than the junk I used to buy growing up, when I was cheap. Maybe I take better care of it. Who knows. For waders, who cares is my motto. They only get used about 4 months out of the year and my last pair came on clearance for $19.99 neoprene with no leaks! I love a bargain too. Some things I just won't scimp on though. If I cannot find a deal on it, I assign it to the pay to play category.

·
Banned
129 Posts
I am fixing to start making them. They are going to be made out off marshmellows. There the newest thing out there. Keep u dry and full stomach. Starting price 1199.99

1 - 11 of 11 Posts