2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the line, that's what everyone seems to want. The latest and greatest at any price.........well maybe?
How much are you willing to pay for an inshore reel $250. $350.......more?
What about waders, will you buy $700. ones? How about $1200. ones that are better?

I personally think there's no limit to what someone will spend on "the right" product.
What about you?

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
The most expensive is not always the best choice. For example, the Calais casts nice but is heavy and awkward compared to the Curado D and Chronarch. On the other hand, some things just cannot have a simple monetary value. I wouldn't even dream of buying inferior waders when I know that it will be torturous ownership to save just a few bucks. To each his own, though.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Mikew92 said:
I always pose this question: Does it catch fish better than my $119 Citica? Doubtful. For $1200 I could be enough Citica's to last for the next few generations of my family.
Not does it catch fish better but can I hang onto it all day? Personally, I need a small, lightweight reel. One that fine tunes the way I want it to, stands up ok to the salt, and doesnt make my hand tired from hanging onto it. I have a few in the 250 to 300 range that hold up well and I can use them all day. Yeah, I will pay for that. 500 or 600 though....I dont know...cant imagine what would make it that much better.

Waders? I dont see what the difference is between my breatheable 150 dollar waders and 1200 dollar pairs....can you really pay that much for waders? I didnt even know. What the heck do they do?

·
Registered
104 Posts
if its light and cast smooth then i ask my dad to buy it for me for a early birthday or christmas present u no so i dont care how much it is i care bout how much will my dad buy for me but when 2 years comes around im ganna have to go to the 150 to 200 range till money starts flowin in

·
Rain Rain Go AWAY
1,180 Posts
I couldnt agree more

tee-bag said:
1200 hundred dollar waders are for suckers.
I would wear them if they were given for me... lol....Bottom line for 70-80 bucks my breathables Hodgemans work great, when they leak I take them to Academy and get a new pair....I bought an 80 pair four years ago and they look brand new :)....

I did buy an expensive simms jacket, on sale from 279 to 170 and free shipping...I love that....

As far as reels, I saw that new baitcast from Shimano, and it looks sweet...But when it comes down to laying down that kinda green...Id rather by two reels....I can't see spending over 250....and I really want to keep it around $100.00....I will be trying that citica. I heard good things about it.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,695 Posts
When it comes to reels, the small lightweight frame of the MG is worth the extra coin to me, b/c I don't get to fidh but maybe once every 6 weeks. When I do fish, I am throwing tops and plastics all day. I have an old wrist injury from college on the hand I hold the reel in, so I am all for smaller and lighter. Makes it hurt less. Not that it would stop me from fishing, but it is so much better for just a little more money.

For me, the nice fishing gear I have seems twice as sensitive, and lasts about 10 times longer than the junk I used to buy growing up, when I was cheap. Maybe I take better care of it. Who knows. For waders, who cares is my motto. They only get used about 4 months out of the year and my last pair came on clearance for $19.99 neoprene with no leaks! I love a bargain too. Some things I just won't scimp on though. If I cannot find a deal on it, I assign it to the pay to play category.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.