2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to renew plan. No more 8-9-10 cent plans. Just last month you could get 13 cent and today the cheapest is 15.3. These are 36-60 month plans. If you got lucky and locked in earlier this year enjoy it because I believe it will not ever come back down. By the time this fiasco is over it will be 20 cents a KWH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
that 10.6 is for the power is my guess. The TDSP charges from Centerpoint will add 4-5 cents. But if that is all in, everyone should jump on it as those rates are no where to be found.

I spent a few years working in the retail power space and this is my advice to everyone - lock in a 5 year deal right now - you will pay about 14.5 - 15 cents all in. Find the deal that has a $100 termination fee and a cancel anytime clause - they are out there. Get that contract and ride it out a bit and then switch when rates are lower - you simply pay the $100 and you are out.

Rates will come down in time - this way you are on doing something short term at over 20 cents all in.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
So glad im part of a coop and not that deregulated bs.
Me too!!!!!!!! Sam Houston Electric CoOp here.........not on Texas grid or subject to Ercot.

Never lost power during big freeze. Rates have not gone up either. 13 cents/kwh total......

I think some of the rates quoted here don't include all fees .......my actual elctric rate is only 8 cents the other 5 is the fees ect.......

·
Registered
96 Posts
Me too!!!!!!!! Sam Houston Electric CoOp here.........not on Texas grid or subject to Ercot.

Never lost power during big freeze. Rates have not gone up either. 13 cents/kwh total......

I think some of the rates quoted here don't include all fees .......my actual elctric rate is only 8 cents the other 5 is the fees ect.......
Correct. You'd be lucky to get a rate below 16 cents a kwh on powertochoose. This so-called deregulation is nothing but a pain in the rear and a way for scammers with fancy lawyers to rip you off. I'm tired of dealing with it. I went with Energy Ogre just so I don't have to try to find the best price

I looked at solar and it was $72000 which was going to put my monthly payment higher than what I'm paying for electricity. I'm thinking of building my own solar array since we live on 3 acres and not using batteries to save money.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Maybe time for me to go Solar :(
As long as you're willing to wait on the 16-20 ROI, go for it. If the roof of your house is broken down into a dozen dormers and valleys, you won't get very many panels up there that will face the optimal direction. An alternative I really like is to build a trellis structure and use the panels as the shading/roofing. I've seen some very cool designs that produced a lot of power because they weren't bound by the less-than-optimal orientation and small contiguous area of their roof.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same, San Bernard Electric. Lost power for maybe 1 hr during entire freeze.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I lost it for 58 hours and had broken water pipe.. CNP. And guess what? I worked for CNP on the T&D side and I couldn’t do a darn thing about it.. don’t think I didn’t try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts