2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going offshore tommorow morning out of Port A and wanted to see what you guys would reccomend to keep me from turning green, Ive been sick once before and it sucked. Also, has anyone heard anything about "Iced Down Sport Fishing" A buddy of mine booked the trip.Any help appreciated.

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
The patch behind the ear work really good...need a prescription though better hurry up too not all stores have them!

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
2 dramamine tabs tonight to help you sleep and get it in your system and one in the morning about an hour before you get on the boat. Works everytime. I got sick once and have never gone offshore again without taking it.

Brian

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Small meal ... stay standing for the first hour to get sea legs...easy on the booze....Ginger cookies......

John

·
Registered
690 Posts
You're not going to chum - Think positive :)
Don't get seasick myself so I can't comment of the available drugs, patches,etc.
Have found with others on the boat that eating saltines if the stomach starts to go green helps.
As it is a little warm offshore right now- not knowing if the boat your going out on has AC or not- if you get overheated there's always the trick of soaking a towel in the ice/water in the drink box and using the towel to cool the forehead and neck with.

Hoping you have a great trip and catch some :bluefish:

Jay

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
yep

SkeeterRonnie said:
Ginger Tablets....
The others do not work period. You take some gingerale and ginger with you.

The antihistamines in the patch and dramamin can make you sick.

·
Get Bent
1,270 Posts
while in the boat look at the floor as much as possible or tie up a bunch of leaders, just whatever you do dont watch the horizon...

·
6,603 Posts
Snake said:
while in the boat look at the floor as much as possible or tie up a bunch of leaders, just whatever you do dont watch the horizon...
Eat summer sausage and belch where you can smell it.

·
Get Bent
1,270 Posts
If your pulling an all nighter on the way to the ramp stop at Micky Ds buy a couple of extra Doubles then thrown in your drystorage. Wait tell about 10 or so and pull them out they should be heated to perfection by this point, just eat.... I have seen this done..... Double are now in the same catigory as bananas. NOT ALLOWED

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just don't sit down at the beginning. Stay where there's fresh air..... not in the cockpit. Get your legs. 1-2-3 beers may help in advance............ 6-7-8 will hurt.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Not real sure on preventing it but i do know the cure its the "shade of an oak tree" sea legs must come first. , watch stationary objects "clouds,rigs",stay out of the galley and spend all your time catching fish ,not worrying about it ,

·
6,603 Posts
No eat guacamole and drink beer, then belch where you can smell it. I did this and blew it into my wifes face and she spewed:)

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Bonine works really well, you need to take it the night before your trip, available at Wal-Mart / Target.

Most of all, don't worry about it, it may or may not happen but if you worry about it, it's going to happen.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.