2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who has some good prices on Prescription Costa sunglasses or is everyone about the same ???

Thanks

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,789 Posts
Costas, Ray Ban, Maui Jim....all of the big named frame makers tend to rarely go on sale. I’ve noticed this over the years when places have sales on all of their frames, there is always an asterisk to denote the exceptions...and these brands are always excluded. IMO, the all-in cost is about the same. But it will vary slightly depending on how proud the company is of their lenses.

Generally the frames I like best are in the $200 neighborhood. The prescription lenses, in the special tint color that I want from the frame maker, hover in the $400 range. It’s definitely not cheap.

I like Costas, but they fit too snug up against my face, squeeze my temples too much, and/or don’t hold up well on my nose when I sweat. Maui Jim has models that fit me better and they have great lenses.

I’ve ordered my last 5 pairs of prescription glasses and sunglasses from Framesdirect.com. Very satisfied with the speed and service from them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anyone know who has some good prices on Prescription Costa sunglasses or is everyone about the same ???

Thanks
I've seen sales on non-prescription frames/lenses, but when you special order the prescription Costa lenses it's straight sticker, no dicker

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
When I bought my Maui Jim's (through insurance) they cost around $1000. My prescription changed over the years so now they're just a $1000 piece of plastic and glass.
Personally, unless your vision is so bad you can't see at all without glasses, I'd do contacts and regular Costas or Maui Jims...MUCH cheaper!

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,789 Posts
When I bought my Maui Jim's (through insurance) they cost around $1000. My prescription changed over the years so now they're just a $1000 piece of plastic and glass.

Personally, unless your vision is so bad you can't see at all without glasses, I'd do contacts and regular Costas or Maui Jims...MUCH cheaper!
Agreed and that’s what I used to do. Except now I have trouble tying knots with my contacts on. Ugh.

My all-in is in the $600 range. Not sure if it is because of mail order or not and I don’t use bi-focals. I broke a lens last year because of carelessness. Went to a local authorized Maui dealer and sent them off for repair. I was prepared to pay for my ignorance. Maui fixed it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts