2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know the procedure on how to get into galveston island state park before sun up? I was thinking of taking advantage of the marshes/coves behind there. Any input?

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
RJ,
Are you walking or kayak? You could park on Jolly Roger in Jamaica beach and wade in there but I believe they put up signs not to. If you have a kayak put in at Pirates Beach ramp through Lake Como to access Dana cove and others.
I would guess they have someone to take the fee at the main building or come around and collect it . Someone will know or try the Kayak board.

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kenny...that's likely what i'll do based on yours and others recomendations. It doesn't look to be too far a paddle :)

·
Charter Member
5,923 Posts
I've made that paddle from Pirate's and it is no sweat. One the way out fish the reef on the west side of Lake Como.

Launch at the west end of the parking lot at Pirate's Beach Marina. Just throw the boat in the water and take off.
Good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Lake Como is a good topwater spot. It's fairly deep and all the canals provide structure and cover. Work the bulkheads and the edges of the channel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts