2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, TH. LT Greene, SWO and the drill team doin' heck of fine job, thanks for sharing the link.

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
Wow, that brings back memories. I used to command a drill unit in HS ROTC that traveled around the east coast competing in different events, Norfolk, 8th & I at U of Maryland's basketball arena, etc. We incorporated most of those elements in our routines, but we didn't use bayonets, that's for sure. LOL. Either way, you really have to trust your guys on the march-through moves. I still to this day can't pick up an M1 without getting the urge to spin it a few times.

Snap and Pop! That's what it's all about.

Thanks TH,

Tsip

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
Razzle Dazzle!
Why did the chicken
cross the road?
To get from the left
to the right.
He stepped in the lane
got hit by a bus
He ain't no chicken no mo!
SIR!

I couldn't resist, sorry. All kidding aside, that is very impressive.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Now I know I ain't the only one that ever did the "16-count manual" with an M-1 or an M-14 but I don't remember doin' it like THAT. And we never did it with bayonets fixed, elsewise I'd be even shorter, and so would the guys on either side of me.! LOL!

Thanks Martin, I really enjoyed that.

·
Maichip
102 Posts
Honor Guard

That really brings back some good memories. I spent 4 years (1988-1992) in the U.S.A.F. Presidential Honor Guard. Best four years of my life, so far! Still makes the hair on the back of my neck stick up!!!!

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
That was pretty awesome. I liked the USMC Silent Drill Team that came up after that one. If you like that kind of thing, you ought to see the Fish Drill Team at A&M. Younger kids - very impressive drills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.