2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got paged by my best friend ever. My ex father in law and coworker of 20 years. Father-in-law, and ex for 24 years this month. His mother, Nattie Cook went though triple by pass last week. She never recovered. Im guessing the age, but I would guess since Fred is in his mid 60s, Id put her at 85. She lived in Winchester Indiana. She was a wonderfull lady. Very giving to my kids, her grandchildren. Im a little choked up, sorry. But my Ex`s family, is my family.

I would appreciate prayers sent to the Cook Family. Fred, Becky, Lisa, Brad and Bruce.

The Harris Family. Me, Lisa, Heather and Deric.

She was Grandma Nattie.

Thanks.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Sorry for your loss Gary. My prayers for all Grandma Natties families.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jack

Ive been on the phone, my son is coming in from Austin, my Daughter cant be found, shes on Padre Island, the next call, I dread. Itll be from the Ex.

Somehow. It will be my fault....... Happy Fathers day to me.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
sorry to hear about all this gary. hang in there. thoughts and prayers are with you all.

trudy

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Very Sorry To Hear That News.....

things may seem all screwed up now. I know what she did for your kids ment alot to you. My Mom did many things for my kids as they were growing up. Covering XMAS, birthdays and a lot gifts (clothes mostly and real needs) at a time when I could only afford only far less expensive things to get them. Mom came through. I miss her. She had a good life.

I take it you do not like your ex? You should be thankful that you hate her guts. It's far worse going on loving somebody for years and years as I did my ex. She was the great one. A beauty too. With my kids grown, both my parents gone and losing my brother last year (leaving me with a stupido sister, lol).....I'm always reminded of the old saying, "It is better to have had the best and lost it, than being married to some dumb-*** ugly skank for the rest of your life!!" LOL!!, LOL!!, LOL!:rotfl:

May she rest in peace. Hang in there Bro. CF?

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Hang tough, my friend. Mary and I will be praying!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much.

Yalls prayers mean so much to us. Grandma Nattie was my kids last Great Grandmother. She was definitly cool. She was a good Christian, but had some spunk to her. And talk about cook, man, she could tear a kitchen up. She lived in a small town in Indiana and grew up farming. She couldnt work the farm anymore, but had hands that could. If any of yall ever spent any time around there, yall know about that sweet corn they grow up there. And the snap beans, mashed taters, home grown tomatoes, man, I tell ya. I love southern cooking, but its hard to beat yankee food. Ill miss her. She was cool.

John. I really dont hate the Ex. Otherwise she would be in jail for tax fraud. Credit fraud and mail fraud. Becasue of her creative tax returns, I got stuck with 7k worth of back taxes. The first few years of seperation, we had a deal. Id cover her and my stepson on my insurance. My daughter was done deal. I would do that anyway. We agreed on a set amount for child support. Basicially, 20% of my net income. In exchance, we would file jointly for tax returns. Turns out, she would trash the returns I signed, and forge my signature on a new filing. My witholding was zero dependants thinking I would be filing as head as household. Not as single. She went for the bucks. Since I make fair money, I got screwed. The IRS garnished my wages last year. Took it all. My net for two weeks work, would be $217. I now make payments. Then they added on a bank loan I supposedly made in 2001. Whats funny is, its the address where we lived when we seperated. In 1992. I also got bills from other creditors from around the same time, stemmimg from the same address. She moved out in 93. But untill 2001, she lived around the corner. The rumor is, since she knew my SS#, she would get loans, get cell phones etc, and falsify my signature. And then, wait for the mailman to make his drop in the old addresses mail box, steal the mail when it was to her advantage, and do her thing.

Do I hate her?

Naw. I pity her. Im not a hater. When I first talked to the IRS about what happened, they offered to go get her for tax fraud. I talked them out of it. My daughter still lives with her, my boy was going to Texas Tech at the time.
I put the kids first, and just took the brunt.
The main reason Ive been one broke SOB this year.

If I would of rocked the boat, I would of been cast out of the family. Not all of them, but the Mother in law sort of rules the roost. It just wasnt worth it. Since then, Im done with child support and the IRS should be paid off by the end of the year. Then Im free to go where I want.

Folletts island.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Prayers sent Gary, and I feel for what you have gone thru, hang in there my friend, It will be a done deal soon enough... Ex wives sometimes make things hard on a man, my kids didn't even give me so much as a phone call on Fathers day, I can't understand why, we are close as you have seen from previous TTMB get togethers, I'm still very heartbroken about it.. I got outta bed early Fathers day morning, went and visited my Grandmother for a while, then went to the garden center and purchased some live flowers and headed to the cemetary to put them out for my Dad, Grandad, and Great Grandad.... I waited all day to hear the words Happy fathers day daddy, love you... But it never happened. Guess they were too busy hangin out with their stepdad... :cry:

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
at least I got

Badhabit said:
Prayers sent Gary, and I feel for what you have gone thru, hang in there my friend, It will be a done deal soon enough... Ex wives sometimes make things hard on a man, my kids didn't even give me so much as a phone call on Fathers day, I can't understand why, we are close as you have seen from previous TTMB get togethers, I'm still very heartbroken about it.. I got outta bed early Fathers day morning, went and visited my Grandmother for a while, then went to the garden center and purchased some live flowers and headed to the cemetary to put them out for my Dad, Grandad, and Great Grandad.... I waited all day to hear the words Happy fathers day daddy, love you... But it never happened. Guess they were too busy hangin out with their stepdad... :cry:
a phone call.......lol.......I feel for you guys.......I tried to be a stonewall when my wife asked if it would bother me if they didn't call.......but we all know dads care.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts