2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4279284

Semper Fi Devil Dog, what a tragic weekend, my prayers go out to this family and it is a reminder to all who are going out to take all safety precautions seriously and be very careful. This fella was a Marine so I know he knew how to swim and was probably a pretty tough guy. Currents in that river are some of the most dangerous around. Everyone please be safe.

Z

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
That's truly sad. There's no physical property worth your life. Prayers for the family.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
There's been many deaths in that ol' river, suckholes, dropoffs and ledges, along with some stiff currents, make it dangerous... It deserves respect from anyone partaking in swimming or fishing.... Be safe..... I seen it live on the news last night, the father was almost speechless.... What a shame and my prayers went up then.....

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
There are some times when my empathy for others won't let me read information about the tragic situations they've endured. It drains me emotionally. So, Lord, I'll just ask for you to display your mercy and your power in the life of this family. Be very near them in every way Flood them with your peace, your comfort and your provision.

Hold them tightly in the palm of our hand, and show them your goodness on their behalf.

In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.