2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I always thought this could happen to our friend Jane. I have a heavy heart right now for not Kicking this man in the @#@% now and ignoring my instinct. I knew her well but had only met her husband a few times and he always came off as a [email protected]$$ to me. We found out about this tonight when we got home from a weekend get a way and has hit my wife and I very hard.

If you know someone in a Abusive relationship then please step in. I sure wish I would have now but just did not know how to.

Prayers go out to the O'Hanlon family, they sure need it tonight.

http://www.zwire.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=16925706&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512588&rfi=8

Matt

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Matt, my prayers for you and Michelle and the families envolved. I have had to get envolved in a family situation some years ago to save a sister. It took all of 1 hour for my other sisters and I to have her and her 2 small daughters packed, loaded in a uhaul, and out of there. I have learned to listen to my gut feelings when they are weighing heavy.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Heavenly Father, we lift up these friends and family of Jane, today Lord. We ask in the Name of Jesus for peace and comfort for each and everyone of them. Please be with them and keep YOUR mighty hands upon them. Bless them with knowing that Jane is up there with YOU, Lord, rejoicing, and praising YOU, around YOUR throne. Thank you for the promise of eternal life, and help us to remember that we will see our loved ones again if we believe in YOU. We pray these things in Jesus Holy Name, AMEN

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
long story, and im not going into it, but i have been in a similar nightmare 10 years ago. my daughters and i were "in hiding" for a good reason when my first husband took his life. don't know if this situation involved drugs (rx in our case), but sometimes people are not themselves and don't even know what they are doing.

what a tragic situation. i feel so bad for jane, all her family, and friends. this will affect a lot of people for a long time, probably a lifetime.

my deepest prayers are with you all,
trudy

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Matt,

I had a similar experience many years ago when the spirit of God prompted me to stop and befriend a pregnant woman sitting on her porch. I said, "Yes, Lord. Later. I'm in a hurry right now." Later became... not at all. Several months later I read in the newspaper that an infant had died, and child abuse was suspected. It was the address of the woman I had been instructed to befriend.

It does no good to mull over "if only" and "what if I had" scenarios. You must grieve the loss of this woman's life (and that of her husband), learn the lessons from it, let God forgive and heal you, and go forward with new insight. As the apostle Paul said, "forgetting those things that are behind, I press toward the mark of the high calling of Christ." This is racing terminology. If you trip over a hurdle, don't stop and wonder why you fell, just keep on running forward so you'll be able to leap over the next hurdle. God is merciful to forgive and teach us.

Heavenly Father,

I pray for the friends and family of Jane and her husband. I pray also for Matt and his family in their grief at the loss of their friend. Let your Holy Spirit be the Comforter to meet all the needs of these friends and loved ones who are grieving. Show them the love of Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

Help all of us, Lord, to be ready to do the right thing when the need arises. When you place your hand on us, give us the courage to obey quickly while your prompting is fresh in our minds.

In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Matt, I trust that the Lord will Forgive those who ask for forgiveness. Don't be too hard on yourself, maybe had you went to entervine you might have been killed also. Lord ease the guilt brother Matt is feeling. Let him feel you lift him up and find the understanding in the madness. In Jesus Holy Name. Amen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts