2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got off our knees thanking God.....Recieved that long awaited phone call at 1:08pm.....We are still shaking and crying for joy...

At 1:05 am this morning...Our Son Chris and the last elements of the 2nd Inf., 2nd Brigade Combat Team from Ar Ramadi, Al Anbar provence crossed over the border into Kuwait to begin De-Mob and the long journey home....Almighty God..Thank You..2 sons coming home in 2 years....Our hearts are too full to describe it...Wish I had walking Jacks way with words........
It is so hard...so very hard to feel total joy on one hand and very, very deep sorrow on the other...I don't know how I feel.. i'm just so thankful and so sad too....Guess We will just keep praying and praying....
The 2nd BCT recieved one of the highest casualty rates of them all.....over 80 brave souls and many more wounded....

I need to pray a lot and ask God to help me understand how I feel......So many other familys will never know the joy we have now....so many....,

We want to Thank You to all of the 2coolers and their familys who supported them with Prayer and good wishes....
could someone tell Zac for us, Please? and tell him Chris earned the right to wear a 2nd Marine Div. patch for his part in Combat support to that group..I think he would like hearing that....he, along with many others here have been so supportive to us behind the scenes.

God Blessings to the "IronHorse Soldiers" of the 2nd BCT., their familys and friends....
May God protect and watch over those who still serve in harms way.....
So many feelings I'm trying to get out now...but I don't know how, so I'll just go hug Robs.....and keep praying...and giving thanks...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
AMEN! Thankful your son is on the way home! My next door neighbor just got home 3 weeks ago from an 8 month tour. His baby was born 3 weeks before he left. He is a combat surgeon dude that flies in to combat / heavy fire situations to evac out and treat severely wounded troops in the field. The guy has seen alot and done 2 tours already. I personally want to salute you and your family and thank you all for their service!

My nephew is active duty airforce and coming home this Friday where we are promptly headed for Rockport to do some heavy R&R!

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
WONDERFUL NEWS, CHIEF !!! Your family and your boys especially have been in our daily prayers and they have been answered. Please give them a hearty hug from all of us..and our profound thanks for their service.. Praying for the souls of those who did not come back as well..God Love them ALL...

God..we are SO lucky to have young men and women that will risk all to protect us and this country....

Our gratitude to you and your great family..Now it is a PERFECT Monday...

Jim

·
Registered
901 Posts
Congratulations on your son's opportunity to come home . Please give him our GRATITUDE and THANKS for serving. God bless you and your family.

All the best and thanks.

Dr. Krol

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
Great News Robs & Chief!! Please extend our heart felt thanks to your sons. Thanks to you 2 for raising those fine young men. Sounds like a good excuse to have a big ol 2COOL homecoming party!!

Jeff

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Awsome, I hope one day to meet him and give a shake of his hand and a heart felt Thank you, God bless.

Reactions: LIONESS-270

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
I hope I never have to feel the way you have been feeling. I do not know if I would be strong enought to handle it. God Bless your brave sons for doing what they do. And I am so happy that they will both be home.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,538 Posts
Oh man that's great news! Chief, give them a hug and a HUGE thank you from my family. They are what makes this country great.

TH

·
It doesn't get much better!
1,414 Posts
Oh Chief I can just feel your emotions thru your words. I am so happy for ya'll. I really have thought alot about your son coming home....

Thank God he is safe and I share your feelings as to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for us all. Blessing for your entire family!:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Chief and Robs.........no two people or more worhty of the many prayers answered and the safe return of your precious son/s!

May this young man and all that serve receive our heart felt thanks for a job well done! Praise our Lord and Savior!!!!

WC

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
thats fantastic news Chief!!!! :dance:

a great big thank you to your son for helping keep the wolves on the other side of the water!

:cheers:

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Awesome Chief, I'm so happy for ya'll.... Sounds like a good excuse for a PARTY....

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,436 Posts
You sir, are a blessed man. We owe your family and your two sons a debt of gratitude. America needs more of them.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts