2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A word to the wise is infuriating.
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used it? What do you think? Advertisement says fish can't even see it - not sure about it. I use the moss green and like it, but really want to put the red on my new core 50mg7.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Red color of the spectrum filters out first underwater. When the water is sufficiently deep and absent of direct light, the red color will be nearly invisible. In shallow, clear water not so much. Read more here. Personally, I like using red leader line. I feel I have an edge on the fishies.

·
A word to the wise is infuriating.
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red color of the spectrum filters out first underwater. When the water is sufficiently deep and absent of direct light, the red color will be nearly invisible. In shallow, clear water not so much. Read more here. Personally, I like using red leader line. I feel I have an edge on the fishies.
Thanks for that link.... pretty interesting article. Now I'm really not sure if I wanna put it on though - most of my fishing from this reel will be done in 10' or less of water! Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I use it all the time in shallow and deep water. I don't think it makes much of a difference. I catch (or not catch) the same amount on green and red.

·
Registered
124 Posts
the red power pro will bleed onto your thumb and then get on the cork of your rod handles. it has about the same visibility as the green stuff in clear shallow water in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts