2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best way if any to mount a Powerpole on a Boatright without the pontoons getting in the way?

·
Majek Skinny runner
200 Posts
I saw a guy at the fishing show who makes a plate that mounts the power pole to your jackplate. Designed for boats where there is knowhere to drill and mount. Might be just the ticket for you. Cant recall the company right now it might come to me later.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I doubt the plate that Graydog is talking about will work on the Boatright. There is not enough room between the engine and rear sponsoons. Looks like you get to save $1,200.00.....

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
Roby said:
I doubt the plate that Graydog is talking about will work on the Boatright. There is not enough room between the engine and rear sponsoons. Looks like you get to save $1,200.00.....
On most Boatrights I've seen the jackplae is well above the height of the sponsons so mounting something to the side of the plate shouldn't be a problem. The problem might come when deploying the power pole in deeper water. It might hit the sponson depending on how much past horizontal the cylinder on the pp goes.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
redfishflyfisherdds said:
whatever happened to just using an anchor......
Oh, I think they are pretty slick. Great for stopping the boat QUIETLY while drifitng because you may have found some fish and don't want to drift through them. Hit a button and keep casting. Try that with an anchor. Or a lot of guys are using them while wade fishing. When they are down wind of their boat they hit the remote control, the power pole goes up and the boat drifts to you instead of you having to maybe slop your way through 100 yds of shin deep mud. That alone would be worth the price. I don't have one yet, but I may someday.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Stuart said:
On most Boatrights I've seen the jackplae is well above the height of the sponsons so mounting something to the side of the plate shouldn't be a problem. The problem might come when deploying the power pole in deeper water. It might hit the sponson depending on how much past horizontal the cylinder on the pp goes.
That is exactly what I was talking about. The clearance between the lower unit and sponsoons is very tight, especially if there is a Boatright "compression" plate on the engine. It won't do any good to mount a power pole if the fiberglass rod is going to hit the sponsoon. Keep those bucks in the night stand, you can use them for fuel or bait. The power pole is a nice addition but I can think of a whole lot of other things I would rather spend the money on. I have a power pole that I have about $3.00 invested in. Works off hand power...

·
Yellowbellied Perch Jerker
1,670 Posts
I haven't met or talked with anyone who regrets installing the Powerpole. We still use anchors, especially if we fish deeper waters, but like the compound bow, the cell phone and the GPS, the Powerpole becomes a "necessity" after you own one for awhile, or so it seems.

·
Registered
373 Posts
powerpole install

gulfcoast200 said:
What would be the best way if any to mount a Powerpole on a Boatright without the pontoons getting in the way?
You can take a picture of the transom and send it to the PowerPole mfg.and they will work with you for the best install.They are good people to work with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mounting bracket

I recently repowered my 20' and looked into powerpoles for my Boatright. Wasn't enough room for a jack plate adapter. The guys at Master Marine called Glen and he said a mounting plate on the sponson could be welded. I wasn't in love with that idea because I use those sponsons as steps. They sure make getting back into the boat easier after a long wade. One idea would be to mount it on the front of the boat.....you'd kinda have a preying mantis look going on....I decided to wait and see.

Please keep us informed, I've fished with a powerpole before and I'd really like to have one on my boat. They're really nice for drifting the flats.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts