2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Ignition acts up or has a no fire condition. Of course those same symptoms could be a half dozen other things. So get your meter and shop manual out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well then its not my powerpack.

I have been having problems while running wot, sometimes I'll get 4500 rpms sometimes 5000. when I can only get 4500 sometimes it jumps to 5000 for a couple of seconds and then back to 4500 with out me touching the throttle. any ideas?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Sounds like mine. Clogged fuel filter, I hope. Engine get's starved for fuel. When running if you choke it for a second it should kick up then back down.

·
1 Wife, 4 Daughters, and a Female dog
144 Posts
Possible Trouble Shoot Idea

I had the exact same problem with my 88 Spl. When you have it out and it is acting up, take a screw driver and tap on the power pack and see if the engine reacts every time you tap it. I did this to mine while it was under a load and every time I tapped the pack the engine would respond. I changed the power pack and was out fishing in no time.

I hope this helps

·
21 Shallow Sport
406 Posts
checkyour coils/spark plug wires and plugs. More than likely though, if it were a coil, you'd lose a lot more than 500 rpm......but it's somethin else to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts