2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news! The wife is getting me a power wrapper for my birthday! I cut my teeth on the wooden one from flex coat, but was curious as to what is out there now. Does anyone have a used one they would like to sell? All opinions are welcomed and appreciated. Can't wait to get started again.

·
MHX Pro Staff
1,355 Posts
I've got the Am. Tackle wrapper and love it. It is the same wrapper as the one Pac Bay markets. I didn't get the upgraded chuck but I don't do much turning on it anyway. I will admit that I very rarely ever tuse the motor to wrap guides, I just find myself rotating the rod by hand and I enjoy doing t it that way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have one I am looking at getting rid of. It is the Amer tackle with the Pac bay chuck. I am no longer build ing rods and was about to post it for sale along with about 100 spools of thread and all of my stuff. I am looking to sell everything as a package. If interested please let me know and I can send pictures. There are cork rings, blue, green and natural about 125 total a cork sliocing jig, a 100 thread weaving jig (Doc's) reel seats and guides. There is other items to boot and asking $375.00. either send a pm or email gposik at att.net

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got two Rodsmith/Pac Bay Pro wrappers, plus one older wood wrapper that was custom built. It took me a bit to get used to the more modern Rodsmith wrappers but wouldn't part with them now. Do by all means get the upgraded chuck if you plan to do any sort of volume.
The Amtak lathe is the same, but the roller stands on the Amtak are spring loaded vs. lock down style with wing nuts. I strongly prefer the Rodsmith style roller stands. (The top roller is only held down on the rod via a spring on the Amtak wrappers I've seen).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts