2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
wishin I was fishin
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..

here is the deal. I need to mount my power pole switch on the console. And the spot I wanted to put it used to have a key switch there. But I put a new control set on the boat which included a key built in. So I utilized that key. Now I have a small hole in my console where the other key went with 2 smaller screw holes which held that plate. So If I use the standard switch mount that it comes with I will see 2 small holes on each side and that would look like crapola.

So I figured I would try a piece of starboard to mount the switch. I got a piece and the color of the starboard is not matching my console. And I don't think I could make it look as nice as I would like. So my other option would be to find a switch plate or panel that I could mount in that spot. I could be black I don't care as lt looks like its in place and not hack jobbed. Iv searched on many websites and haven't really found what I wanted. It needs to just house a single switch and be at least 3"x3"

anybody seen anything along those lines?

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
Corey D. is the man!

As an alternative you can go to a company like Regal plastics and get the plastic you need to make your own. I don't think you need the fuse in the plate due to the fuses Power Pole has in their system. Good luck with your project.

·
Old School Proud
550 Posts
Our company builds custom electronic controls and we frequently need custom switch and name plates that are very similar to what you want. We use D & W nameplate here in Houston and they typically engrave a black plastic plate w/a white sub layer that is ~ 3/16" thick. Call this company that's in the Corpus Christi area http://ccstampworks.com/

They may be able to cut & engrave what you need but you'll need an accurate template for them to work from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts