2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since portatrout has taken so much heat and been pretty much called a lier and other not so nice things I didn't want to hijack his thread. So I decided I would start a new one if anyone else wants to post a picture of their "house buck". I don't mean tame deer either. I am talking about a buck, or bucks that like to hang around the ranch house.

Think about it....most ranches that I know of feed very heavily around the house so that wildlife can be veiwed from the house area. This is very desirable for ranch owners and their guest. With such a large concentration of deer feeding in one area (obviously including does) it only makes since that some big boys will come right up to the house, especially during the rut.

Over the years we have had quite a few "house bucks" that seem to hang around in close proximity to the house for a couple of years or more before dying of old age. On our ranch the "house buck" is always protected to never be shot.

Here is a picture of our last "house buck". In the picture He is 5.5. This picture was taken out of the truck window with a regular camera right in front of one of our barns. The following year he looked pretty much the same, but was a real monster. I don't have a picture of him on my computer of when he was 6.5, but he was amazing. We never saw him again. He lived a good life and bred lots of does and died of natural causes.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Very nice buck Chad and you are spot on about having "House Bucks".. I hope you, PORTATROUT and others keep posting your "House Bucks"...

Mike

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Post them up portA.. ignore the naysayers.

awesome buck chad!

here is my house BUCK!

sorry couldn't help it! lol you guys have better houses than me. you never specified type buck though.

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
osoobsessed, that palmetted deer is a monster freak, nice buck. And spout your buck aint to bad either, now who is going to be the first one to post a picture of Barry O? rs

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Man, you guys with access to these awesome animals are like rock stars, among ******** that is! Anywho, keep the pictures coming so the rest of us can at least dream.

·
Registered
485 Posts
OK, I'll give it another try. I didn't take this picture. Invited a fellow 2Cooler down for his girlfriend to shoot a doe and he snapped this one from right behind the house when we were driving around.

Attachments

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
maybe we should trap yours and mine and start a breeding business....this guy usually shows up at the house...
no,, it's a buck,, he had just shedded last year when he came out from behind the garage. LOL :rotfl:

Dang,, can I come take pics and dream at one of these places. WOW! awesome guys!:doowapsta

Reactions: igo320

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here is our camp buck "Bucky". These pics were from last year. I do not have any from this year, but the drought hurt him a little. He was 4 1/2 in these pics and has been coming into camp since he was a baby. He is not scared of humans one bit. He walks right through camp while everybody is sitting on the porch talking. These pics were taking off one of our porches with 10 feet from him. He likes to eat corn out of the tailgate feeders.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
here's another "house buck" he's been known to scratch the RV and truck trying to get feed from the feed wagon...he's a breeder. :rotfl:

a 2cooler got really close to him, right Bobby??? :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those are some great deer Portatrout and osoobsessed. You boys have some biguns.

Here are a couple of more from a couple of years ago. I usually don't take pictures of live deer, maybe I will start.

Oh yeah, these weren't at the house, but they are nice none the less.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts