2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Bridge Harbor aboard the Possession Limit, an impecibly maintained 47 foot Post. I will let the pictures tell the story:

1) Captain Stout on the bridge
2) Captain Parker
3) Stout with of all things, a kingfish
4) Rick with one of several snapper in the 8-12 lb range on Saturday morning
5) Brad releasing a baracuda

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Photos

6. Rick with a nice AJ (don't you just love trick photography!)
7. Jason fighting the largest AJ of the day
8. Jason's AJ
9. Yours truly's AJ
10. Schultz with one of several nice YF's

Thanks Captain Stout for another great adventure!

David

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Trip

Thanks to Capt. Stout for another great trip. I have a hard time getting my brain geared back to work after these excursions.

Of interest.....on the first night I was asleep when I heard the diesels throttle down and felt the boat turning. Uh oh. I pop up and and go up top to see what was up. Apparently another sportfisher was running WOT on a semi collision course with us. Rick could not hail them on the VHF and had to swerve to avoid them. They passed about 50 feet off the bow and never slowed down.

I found a publication regarding the handling of sashimi grade tuna, and we put it to work. Well, I should say Rick put it to work and dressed them out like a pro. The result was the best tuna I have ever tasted. The publication is at http://www.fishep.com/fep/documents/Sashimi.pdf
Definitely worth a read and subsequent implementation.

No love with bills, but they are never a given, of course. Sunday morning we found a truly massive school of bonita feeding on flying fish and trolled to no avail. Ahhh, bait, but no love.

As for the pic, that fish walked me all over the boat and I should have put a little more drag on it. I was just a little worn out. As a matter of fact, I'm still worn out. I get way too wound up on these trips and get very little sleep. We stopped at a shrimp boat on the way in that was covered up with blackfin and dolphin, and I was in a complete coma and couldn't move. The rest of the crew had a bit of fun and squeezed a couple of decent dolphin in the box.

Pic below of the total catch taken by a stranger. There's just not a good angle to take pics at the BHYC cleaning table.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Mark

Attachments

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
Great report and Pics guys. Looks like things worked out pretty well. Man that's a monster AJ, my arm muscle started twitching just thinking about the fight. Congrats on another successful trip out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great Job Guys

For my Ali like return to the board.... I just wanted to say great job and I am jealous. Luckly though I can console my self by spending 8 days in Port Mansfield. Will miss some of ya'll on that trip.

Adios,

DeadHeadFisherman

1 - 15 of 15 Posts