2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any light/night fisherpersons out there? :question:

I've got a portable generator and a couple of lights. I would like to make a trip to the High Island, Rollover, East Bay area for a night trip, I'm coming thru Winnie and don't know squat about that area is. I'd love to find a productive area I could set up without having to trailer my boat if possible (who wouldn't right) but I could trailer if needed. I've heard people sometimes use portable lights at rollover pass with some success but I have never been there to see it. I see there's a few piers around HI (at least on the map!). Do they even still exsist? Do they allow portable generators on the piers in that area? With all the fish piled up in the surf, is that a resonable strategy? Any help would be very much appreciated. PM if you want! :confused:

Thanks ahead, Fletch

·
Registered
510 Posts
Texas City Dike
But it will be packed

Also on the oppsoite side of galveston
San Luis Pass
when you exit to go onto the bayside make a left under the bridge set lights up on beach
Friends hammered speck last weekend
I know its true cuz he is honest fisherman HAHAHA

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Rollover can be very productive with lights. I have some friends that hit it during the summer. With the right wind and tides and a set of lights, I am told it is deadly.

FC

·
Registered
815 Posts
Rollover will be an absolute zoo this weekend. I'm going out to the flats in east bay tonight. We'll probably launch around 9 or 10 and leave out of stingree.

Scott

·
Registered
663 Posts
well well well, just my kind of topic! i have seen people set-up at rollover but i never have fishied it with a spotlight. although i do most of my night fishing at the TX City dike near the end by the lighted pier. also san luis is great also. in fact, right now, i would go to san luis pass to try for some of them stacked up trout sitting in the beach front. the dike trout are too small right now

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happy 4th all, :fireworks
I guess you need a tripod to set up on the tc dike, is that right? and what's the story on the beach, do you ever run lights out there, looks like it would be hard to setup in the surf? Thanks for the input, Fletch

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
collegefundpw said:
Texas City Dike
But it will be packed

Also on the oppsoite side of galveston
San Luis Pass
when you exit to go onto the bayside make a left under the bridge set lights up on beach
Friends hammered speck last weekend
I know its true cuz he is honest fisherman HAHAHA
Heheheheh...honest fisherman! Thanks :fireworks

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Fletch, Here's A Couple Shots I've Shown Before Several Times.....

Way back when...generators, tents, camp lights, ice chests, stoves, beef skirt steaks, flour tortillas and trout. The floods had four (4) 500 watt rail road lights that blew up the area like Wiggley Field at a double hitter night game. The one camp light was a 500 watt \er also. This photo was taken around 1975. I apologize for two things: One: The poor photo quality and Two: My late brother and I ARE the reason there aren't as many trout as there used to be! I'm sorry, we ripped you young people off and caught 'em all. LOL! CF?

Attachments

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Rollover can be iffy...But fish on the gulf side and if the trout are in it can be a madhouse!

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all..

ComeFrom, those pics are just what I was looking for but, man they make me feel old (did you guys run GFI circuits back then? LOL), Thanks. CoolChange and all, thanks for the info, I knew I could count on all you for some tips, I will be there soon! Fletch :p

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Fletch...

What's GFI? Ground Fault Inside? No, we ran the OEOOW (Open Ended Old Orange Wire) system aka what one says when he touches a cut section while standing in saltwater. :confused: CF?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts