2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of fish does the little jetty attract?

Is the regular jetty hard to fish? I'm looking for some slot sized reds.

Any special holes to key on. PM if you know any.

·
Yellowbellied Perch Jerker
1,670 Posts
The little jetties are easy to fish, especially if you fish the inside. They attract some trout, some sheephead, some reds, lots of gafftops and even plenty of mangrove snapper. The big jetties attract everything inshore, and even on some occasions some ling and, not too far out, some kings. They are harder to fish but if you can get out there, you should be able to figure it out. Just be very careful. The mouth of the little jetties can get pretty rough, so you should be aware of the conditions around you.

·
Pathfinder 2200v / VMAX HPDI 200
737 Posts
this was back in may when we had those northers still coming in. one came through Austin and all the way down to POC and it just FLATTENED the bay and gulf. we saw so many boats going offshore that normally have a challenge in the bay! this is the first time I have been to the jetties when it was like this.

What made it better was my daughter asked to go with my dad and I; so it was three generations fishing! BTW, we caught reds, sharks, mangrove, sheepshead, and got spooled by a JACK.

·
Yellowbellied Perch Jerker
1,670 Posts
I know for a fact that there is a big redfish right there on the end of that point where that water is swirling. Just throw a troutkiller II up there on a 1/8th ounce jighead and hold on.

I would have been out at a rig that day... Yep, not like that where you are setting very often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts