2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great day of fishin in Port Mansfield with Capt'n Marsh Steussy.... Weather was great, very calm barely a ripple in the water but a bit on the warm side, still great fishin conditions. Caught alot of big fish trout and reds, had to let alot of oversized ones go. Biggest red measured in at 35 inches while the biggest trout was around 29 inches. Caught alot of big trout averaging in around 24 inches... Prolly caught over a hundred solid fish but only kept about half of em cuz we ran out of cooler space... Used croaker and soft plastics, supprisingly caught just as much on artificial as on croaker.... Dont want to give the guides spot locations and secrets out so i'll just say we went down south a bit.... Also attached a pic of the famed Port Mansfield Manatee...

Attachments

·
www.saltgrassretrievers.c om
817 Posts
What's up with the mantee deal? Been going down there for years and the only manatee looking thing I've seen is my buddy Greg swimming in the harbor !!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The manatee has been down at PM for a few years--not sure if it is from Mexico or Florida but he loves to hang around the slips and goes crazy for fresh water from people rinsing off their boats. Pretty cool to see-I can't wait for PETA to get involved and soon we will have no prop zones all over PM to protect the Manatee!LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.