2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I would agree with Mojo.... Its January and its been a cold winter up north... there should be plenty of birds on the coast by now.

·
fish control my brain
7,710 Posts
It's few and far between

To much rain has spread the birds out.

Sure there are brirds down there, but they have very little reason to go to salt water with there being so much fresh water on all the land just a few miles away.

You better do some scouting because your old standard hole could be dead, or under water.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I was down there two weeks ago. The pintails and red heads are defiantly down there. We hunted the bay and I will tell you the pintails down there are just dumb. It sucks that you can only get one a day.

·
Cajun 2 da Bone
4,083 Posts
I agree with Muddskipper, I was there last weekend and the hunting sucked......too much water everywhere. The birds are scattered big time. We shot a few redheads and that was it.........

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
I agree with Muddskipper, I was there last weekend and the hunting sucked......too much water everywhere. The birds are scattered big time. We shot a few redheads and that was it.........
Check your pm's....

·
Registered
4 Posts
we were donw there for 3 days this week. wasted one day scouting, smoked them the 2nd day limiting out by 8 with birds landing in the decoys while we were taking pictures. then the boat broke down the third. tons of pintails. found it weird that the afternoon flight down there was nonexsistence.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts