2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the boat is finally back in texas so we decided to pull it down south for the maiden voyage after the hull replacement. Boat performed well and the rigging done by anderson and breakwater proved to be accurate. First day had to fight 6 footers so made a short trip and knocked out a quick limit of snapper. Back at the dock with fish and boat cleaned by 2pm. Saturday the seas cooperated 3-4 ftrs so we decided to venture a little further offshore. Made quick work of a 4 man limit of snapper 8-10lbs. After trolling for an hour or so we were able to add alittle color to the box. Total count 4 man of snapps, several triple tail, a couple of dorado, and 1/2 doz kings. Good trip with a few good men. Pics to be posted by partner in crime.
El Jefe

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Nice fish!!! Is that a fin on the head of the Dolphin?

WE went out of Matagorda and all we caught last weekend were about 8 King, 1/2 dozen Spain Mac, and 1/2 dozen Bonito in about 3 hours before leaving to outrun rain storm.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Man Id love to have some Mahi on the grill right now. Good catch fellas. Im in nedd of some saltwater lovin.................................later,Dave

·
Reel Gambler
3,761 Posts
Is this the Parker that had the 6' long crack in the hull? I guess I should say the replacment boat for the one with the crack.

Nicely laid out boat, much better looking that the pilot house model.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is the replacement boat. They decided to do the right thing after all. Once I was able to get their commitment they went over and beyond the call of duty.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They re-used the console, leaningpost configuration, engines, and top bolt on assembly. From the bumper rail down including the deck is new. They even put in some extra bildge pumps and oversized trim tabs at my request for no additional money. They handled their business well once we got over the hump. I would reccommend a parker even after the splitting of the hull incident. I think that is bound to happen to any boat manufacturer, at least once.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They did not give me a difinitive answer. They started with an explanation of problems with the overlaps in the glass in that area, but abandoned that with no further comment.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
just curious on the size.....it it hard to trailer? I have a 24 that isn't to hard to trailer. Nice Mahi, my biggest this year is only a 12 pounder......what's going on out there.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its the 2501 model. From bow to the rear of the engines( on a bracket) it measures 29'3" and is over 10' wide with the trailer. It definately has presence behind the f-250 but not bad to trailer.

·
Offshore
503 Posts
Was the split on the centerline?

I have a good friend who was ona brand new Parker (same size, I think) who had the exact same problem. Discovered the hull crack on the centerline when they were 45 miles out. Went in the water to check it out when they noticed the bilge would not quit running (they had diving gear with them). They were very lucky to make it back.
Then, Parker said they would repair it for the first couple weeks after the incident until they finally caved in on a hull replacement solution. Don't you find it curious that this represents 2 Parkers in TX in the same summer with the same problem? I think Parker better get their act together before the lawsuits start flying!
BeeGee

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a feeling that friend is repeating a story in which he heard. This summer two friends and I were out 85 miles in a new parker with diving gear when we cracked the hull. We actually looked at it with mask and fins. The companies first response , as one would expect was to repair it. The hump I referred to earlier was that initial response.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They might look like sh!t but they are comfortable, non-skid,let the feet breath and will not hold a fish odor from wading through the catch. Next time you get by a boat show or cut rate try a pair on. I think they are called crocs. Wont leave the dock without em.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts