2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from our Fourchon trip. Just a quick note to let every one know they missed a GREAT trip. Caught the fish box and all ice chest on board full had to come in early. We had to move our water and beer to a card board box so we could make room for more fish. (I love hot beer) as long as it is to make room for fish! More details later time for bed here is a few pictures.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reat of the story

Ok here we go!!

I just finished cleaning and taking care of the fish. I weighed all the cleaned fish and had a total of 110 pounds of filets. We split the fish up in as equal parts as we could. That will make around 440 pounds total for out trip.

Rance, Roy and I left Duncan Ok. At 0600 hrs Tuesday morning June 6. Drove to Shreveport La. this put us half way to Port Fourchin. Stopped at Bass Pro Shops to look at the Gaters sunning and see if they had anything we just coulden't live with out. We picked up our licenses and some leader material. Got back on the road and made it to Morgan City Where we met up with Randy comming in from Jackson. (he is an Okie also. He has just been transplanted) and spent the night. Wednesday morning we had breakfast and got on the road to make out appointment with Capt Lance Walker with Paradise Outfitters Venice La. Our appointment was for Port Fourchon. We were fishing the West side. Thought we would be early but there was an accident South of Leeville so we sat in a traffic jam that made I-10 in Houston look mild. We rigged some leaders and such while waiting there. They got things cleaned up and we made it to Fourchon rite on time. Loaded the boat and started out of port around 1300 hrs on schedule. Things are looking good. We make it off shore about 15 miles stop at a weed line and make bait. When we saw 2 ling we catch and release 1 under sized and put the other in the box. Move on to a rig and make more bait. We run by Lance's favorite Hoo spot and put the first of 2 in the box he was + - 75 pounds. Head on out to the night spot for YFT and end up adding 13 to the collection in the box. They ran from 120 to 30 pounds so the box is filling fast. While catching the YFT we add several BFT the box if full before midnight so off we go to settle in for some Swordfish fun. While on the way Lance is shining his spot light and we run over a White Marlin which hauls you know what but she left the area in a hurry. We have our lines set for about an hour and then here we go. Hook up with a sword and fight it for a while before pulling the hook. I don't know what we would have done with it if we had landed it. We stay there with no more action till daylight and then it is off for bottom critters. We catch 1 limit of Red Snappers from 5 to 30 pounds. This fills out spear ice chest. Now we move on over to see if we can find an Amber Jack sure enough we find 1 then an other trying for number 3 we find a 40 pound Warsaw Grouper and a 20 pound Gag. Now we have to really dig in the box and move some more BFT out to make room. Get that done and we catch the 3rd AJ. So we head back to the dock early because we can't put another fish in the box. Lance wants to stop and try his Hoo hole one more time and guess what a 40 ponder wanted to eat. We obliged him and now our drinks have to be moved into a cardboard box. We get enough BFT in the ice chest to make room for the Hoo in the box and head to the house. On the way in we run over the top of the Lady in Blue. We watch her dive out of site and we keep heading north. There are more pictures but it will be a few days before I can get them un less Randy or Roy want to post them. Any way this is one of the best 24 hour trips I have been on even we was back to the dock and unloaded in less than 20 hours. We went to the Motel split and ice down our catch have a cold beer and dinner hit the bed. Get up early and head back to the North bank of the Red River. Nothing exciting happened on the trip home June 9.

Joe

·
Senior Mumbler
11,515 Posts
Awesome. Didn't know Okies knew how to catch anything but catfish. LOL Great job and congratulations!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We learn fast. Thanks
Joe
bluefin said:
Awesome. Didn't know Okies knew how to catch anything but catfish. LOL Great job and congratulations!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great Post, looks like the fun just kept flowing. What a trip!
Kal

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I realy cant rember a better fishing trip. It was just one that every thing happened to be just rite. seas was flat and planets all lined up and the Lord looking over us.
Thanks
Joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts