2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am new to this forum. It looks really cool. I have a couple question i hope some of yall can answer. I am 18 and we go fishing alot in Port A but we havent had much luck latley. I dont like fishing with my dad, unless he lets me fish where i wanna fish, we have a 24'4 Blue Wave with Three-D on the side. I was wondering, where a good place in Port A is to wade fish....somewhere where i can be droped off and fish all day....with shrimp or top water lures. I also wondering just a good place to fish out of the boat weather drifting or Anchor. We often try Estas Flats ad catch some reds, but i was wondering some good places that we could get on to some fish.

Thanks- Mason

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Whats up hoss? You got your questions mixed up. More importantly is when to go, not where to go. I could ramble of about holes, spots, etc but your just playing with your rod if the time aint right. Look for moving water. Fish a slack tide and you waste your time. Estes flats can be real good, but also real busy. On moving tides youll see alot of boat anchored up in the cuts on Trailor, as well as all along the klondikes out by california hole. Personally i wont fish these cut for the reasaon of boat traffic, Yahoos, and the fact I dont like sittin and fishing. Summer patterns- fish will be more active during the morning and the evening as the shallow flats get hot quickly. during the day they will move to deeper water. Now by deeper I dont mean but about a foot or two. Drift fish over pot holes, around oyster beds where water is moving thru, Fish where ever there is bait, If bait is there your sure to find a predator.

On out going tides- the birds will be following the shrimp out of the bay , fish the birds and youll end up bending a rod or two.

Above all- you have to pay yer dues. You have to have a couple of skunks before you can bring home the bacon or fillet as it were.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man thanks, we are leaving to go down there on thursday early and will fish till sunday, were are some hot spots or some good holes if the time is right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts