2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on the board ever fished the surf around Port A by boat? If so, I really could use some guidance on which way (north or south) to head, how far, lures to use, etc. I have never fished it there. I have a friend heading down to the condo this weekend with his 22 Pathfinder and I think we ought to give it a whirl with the seas being decently calm this week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also if any of you are going to be down this weekend let me know, well be on the deck partying I'm sure. Stop by for a beer. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Sight Cast,
My advice would be to first try the surf at St Joe's. Look for birds or bait moving through, if neither are showing try the first wreck about three miles from the jetty. Also, you may consider just beaching the boat early and fishing the wade and first guts. As the sun gets hotter start moving back into the third gut and even around the end of the jetties where you have a good chance of picking up some reds. Just be careful when anchoring as one rouge wave can ruin a good day fishing. Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, if the surf stays as flat as it today the you can work the whole beach as if you were bass fishing a creek! Just use your judgement if things do pick up, you typically do not wnt to be running parralel to the beach in the breakers though, so with anything beyond 1-2 ft waves I probably wouldn't recommend it. Seas should be pretty calm this weekend so you should be okay. The wreck can definately be seen on a low tide, a couple of buddies fished it last weekend and limited on trout to 22". BTW, when are you leaving? We'll be there Sun afternoon for a quick trip if conditions are still good may be able to point you to some good areas if you're still around

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure, we will leave about 3 or 4 pm. We will probably sight fish Sunday morning and come back to get the girls to go potlick somewhere in the bay. Saturday morning we will be in the surf in conditions hold. Thanks again. L2F!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts