2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got back from our Port Aransas trip and we all had a blast! Lots of fish and lots of wind! And wind, and wind! This is somewhat an add on to Redfish Bobs report. He fished Baffin with me on Sunday and Laguna Madre with us Thursday. Got down Wednesday evening and did our first trip Thursday morning. Got into the Reds early on top waters in Laguna Madre. I caught 2 at 24" and 26" and 1 16" Trout. We had 2 young anglers (18) with us, Robert (aka Redfish Bob) and Tyler, Tyler caught his first keeper fish on top waters a nice 27 1/2" brute. 4 more caught between the 5 of us then we moved on to try to find some Trout. Thursday morning we had a very light wind but it steadily picked up all day. Trout fishing was slow but we did pick up a few, and every thing caught on Tops. Friday woke up to a howling wind as did Saturday also. Friday was pretty tough but managed to bring in a few keeper trout with lots of dinks. Saturday got into the mother load of dink trout around Mud Island and Redfish Bay, just couldn't find any size. Ended up with a few keepers but very few of any size. Sunday got up to very little wind and decided to make a trip to Baffin Bay. Only had a few hours to fish before making the trip back to Houston. We (Redfish Bob & I)did catch a few good fish all in Baffin. Caught 4 keepers from 18" to 21". Not bad considering we've never fished Baffin. We did do a little exploring and tried out numerous new spots. I've got to say it was a productive trip as far as learning and my first trip to the Laguna Madre and Baffin Bay, we coverd a lot of water but it was worth every hour we spent on the water, (and we spent a bunch).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts