2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had plans of being in PO'C with the boat, but......

Just got told by the boss, (wife of 14 years today) that we will be camping at Port Aransas this weekend without the boat. I still have permission to fish, but I have never fished Port A.

I will definitely hit the surf, but is there any bay access I can wade in to?

As usual, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll give you directions, but others will have to chime in to help (you'll see why in a minute), as I know where the spot is, but am not sure of the particulars. I am, however, trying to "help a brotha out!!"

Take 361 towards Padre Island. You will go out of town about 5 miles(??) and come to Padre Island State Park. You will then turn around (sorry) and pass back over the bridge. Once you cross the bridge you will take the 1st roda on the left. Go about 200 yards and the road looks like it turns to *****, but the bottom is decent (4x4 recommended, but not necessary), and this will be the worst part of the travel. You will see a canal on you left this whole drive. Go till you run into about 3 or 4 fence posts and a trash can (about 3/4 mile) and park there.

Corpus Christi Bay will be in front of you. Walk down the shoreline to your right. You will see a sand bar in front of you across the canal, but when you go to the right you will be able to cross in about 2' of water.

Keep fishing the shallows to the right, and good luck. There have benn quite a few reds tailing here in the past month or so. Take a dry towel and change of clothes, as there is waist deep or so water if you want to wade a little deeper and fish the "Color change"

PS- Watch for sting rays and bring back a cooler full.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue Water Ho said:
http://www.corpusfishing.com/wadingspots.htm I only have 1 secret spot any more so I gonna have to hang on to it. :)
BW Ho, I wasn't looking for any secret spots!!! I don't mess with sacred ground!

I do appreciate the link you sent, and will hit a couple of those spots.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sotexasbob said:
I'll give you directions, but others will have to chime in to help (you'll see why in a minute), as I know where the spot is, but am not sure of the particulars. I am, however, trying to "help a brotha out!!"

Take 361 towards Padre Island. You will go out of town about 5 miles(??) and come to Padre Island State Park. You will then turn around (sorry) and pass back over the bridge. Once you cross the bridge you will take the 1st roda on the left. Go about 200 yards and the road looks like it turns to *****, but the bottom is decent (4x4 recommended, but not necessary), and this will be the worst part of the travel. You will see a canal on you left this whole drive. Go till you run into about 3 or 4 fence posts and a trash can (about 3/4 mile) and park there.

Corpus Christi Bay will be in front of you. Walk down the shoreline to your right. You will see a sand bar in front of you across the canal, but when you go to the right you will be able to cross in about 2' of water.

Keep fishing the shallows to the right, and good luck. There have benn quite a few reds tailing here in the past month or so. Take a dry towel and change of clothes, as there is waist deep or so water if you want to wade a little deeper and fish the "Color change"

PS- Watch for sting rays and bring back a cooler full.
Thanks Bob!!
I think I'll go there Friday afternoon/evening.

Anybody happens to be around, I'll have the F250 4x4 Grey with CCA plates...
Saturday morning be at the Brown & Root area.

Oh yeah, I'll go ahead and warn any F250 thieves....you never know who may have a TX CHL!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts