2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great time and seas were nice. We were able to produce well on bottom but trolling was on the slow side. The highlight of our trolling action was a triple knockdown....landed three small Dorado!

Crew was Myself, Brian Yeakley, Paul Rico ( Fishin Coug) and friend Ricos......

1 Warsaw
2 Snowy
3 Dorado
7 Barrel Fish
1 unidentified Red Guy Any accurate identification?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
nice, I saw your boat at macport in the water when we were leaving in the morning. What time did you guys get out there?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
argo
my little brother went to mac arthur. i was lucky enough to get out of sa before i got into high school or i would have had to go there also.....rick

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I actually liked going to school there, well, I was only there about half of the year, the other half I was drnk and swimming at my place with some of the school who..., well you know. I loved it, what of it I saw. suprised i got past highschool.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That looks like a Dutra deep drop trip to me! That is a scorpion fish if ever I saw one... I caught 1 last year @ 1000'

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
did you really drop on dutra? I thought about it but would not do it without an electric reel. That is a LONG way down. what 900'?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Barrel grouper!

We caught several barrel grouper this past weekend. After doing some research I found that they are supposed to be excellent to eat. Anyone had any before or have any opinions on the Barrel Grouper!

Brandon

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice trip guys. Sorry we couldn't meet up at Falcon that night, but I wanted to head south for the next morning. We got our butts kicked all day up there, and I wanted to get an early start for Sunday.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Brandon, thanks again for the invite to go out on the pond. The new boat definitely kicks some serious *****. Eventhough we did strike out on the swords the bottom fish definitely made up for it. Those were some of the biggest snowies that I have personally ever seen. Does anybody know what the record is for a snowy in the GOM? BTW.. I ate some of the Barrell fish last night and it was awesome. Talk about a funky looking fish. It had the consistency of and tasted just like grouper. I plan on eating some Mahi for dinner tonight. Can't wait to put a hurt on 'em again.... Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts