2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be out within 10 miles of port a on friday and sat. Is anybody going to be looking for king or ling? I'll be on chanel 16. No boat name yet, but its a shamrock. Let me know if we can help eachother out.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I went down there today and ran my boat around a bit after picking it up from ronnies. They did an excelent job and were extremely cheap. Anyhow, does anyone know who owns "captains playmate"? it is a nice boat. There were a few boats coming in while I was messing around at the docks and they all had LOTS of good size kings. I am sure that is about all that anyone went for today cause it was very windy and pretty rough too. There was a nice squal coming in while everyone was trailering up. Anyhow, I was charged $149 for a complete tuneup and replacment of my lower fuel diaphram. Reasonable? I think so.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sterlingcaster said:
Yea, that was him Tex. 11 kings by 9:30 QUOTE]

Wish I'd known that then, I'd have hailed him just to gab. We trolled by on the outside right about 9:30 or so. We saw him tied up and I commented on how hard those single screw boats are to back into a slip.

We managed only 6. Had a heck of a time keeping the hooks in them. Lots of lost fish. No the drags wern't too heavy and the hooks were fingernail grabbing sharp. It was just one of those days for us.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Argo said:
I went down there today and ran my boat around a bit after picking it up from ronnies. They did an excelent job and were extremely cheap. Anyhow, does anyone know who owns "captains playmate"? it is a nice boat. There were a few boats coming in while I was messing around at the docks and they all had LOTS of good size kings. I am sure that is about all that anyone went for today cause it was very windy and pretty rough too. There was a nice squal coming in while everyone was trailering up. Anyhow, I was charged $149 for a complete tuneup and replacment of my lower fuel diaphram. Reasonable? I think so.
Hey Argo,

Yeah the "Captains Playmate" is mine and the wifeys boat, I wish I had got a chance to meet you, maybe next time. I did get to meet 3sheets at the round up he's a great guy. Hope to see you next time I'm there.

Andy

·
Registered
654 Posts
Argo said:
That is a nice ride you have. You were catching kings with the rest of them?
Thanks Argo,
We've had that boat for a year and a half, we really love it. yes we were catchings some kings. It was slow offshore early in the week. Hopefully it will
be good this weekend. Hope to catch up with you some time.

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts