2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? Looks like 2's, but thundersuckers. Getting cabin fever over on this side of the Bay. OK, is a cane pole set up on the center rocket launcher of a center console a good idea for trolling the middle lure? And here is another question: I keep the 4-way lug nut wrench on the boat, but have decided to saw off the off-side handle to fit into the locker; what length is recommended? This is nuts. Lost as usual. Let me know.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It seems like your questions reflect a night of heavy drinking secondary to the depressive nature of the current weather situation so I will attempt to answer them as best I can.

In order for the cane pole to work correctly you must first find the largest and most sturdy cane reed out there then modify the rocket launcher to have ribbing (this will insure that the pole fits snug in the holder). I suggest 100 yrds braid with a 60 lb test fluoro top shot of 25 yrds. You must loop this around a 3 inch wide by 12 inches long piece of wood with notches at both ends. Probably the best lure to use with this set up is a blue and white Islander. This is what has worked best for me but you may consider a Marauder if hoos are your target. At first the retreive may be a little difficult but most get the hang of it pretty quick.

Now for the second question: I would lop off 4.333333 inches of the 4 way for the best results. Please make sure you place a rubber end piece on the jagged edge to be safe.

Now, get your butt out on the water and go fishing!!!

AGF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts