2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is absolutely POURING in Port A today. I would bet 2 inches in last hour. The weather channel has updated tomorrow's forecast to 80% chance of storms!!!!!! UGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe the last 7 day's weather!!!!!

Oh well, time to tilt another one back...

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
I gave up and came home today....I had been down there since last Friday and got a grand total of 7 hours on the water. I missed out on Sunday, the wife didn't want to get caught out again like Saturday so she didn't want to go and it turned out to be the only nice afternoon of the whole trip

·
(Not even captain of my own destiny)
535 Posts
Us too...

Ended up doing the Texas Treasure on Sunday because of the forecast.
It was beautiful as far out as we went that day.
Got completely soaked Monday and Tuesday, and drove through an extremely intense storm on the way home (about 7:00pm yesterday in ~ Luling). (I was smart enough to put my rods back in the boat before it hit, so I didn't have to rinse anything off ;)

Only caught one keeper red, 24 1/2 inches worth talking about, and the wife caught that (her birthday, so it's all good).

I actually got a lot of rest I wouldn't have gotten at home, slept until noon on Sunday!

Hopefully it'll be nicer in August when we go back down again,,,

Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you guys.

I did meet Deep Hunter and his wife Charlie I believe, nice boat! But the weather and our schedules just couldn't match up..

I'll post up a couple pics of the wife and her red later on..

Also Special Thanks to the guy that pulled me back to Conn Brown yesterday in about a 20' CC boat when my "fuel filter" plugged up. If I ever run into anyone needing help I'll of course do the same.

CA
(Steve)

·
Gig 'em '00
981 Posts
I bailed early on my 10 days too... Got a little fishing in Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, saw Captain's Playmate out. Of course, was at the beach when it cleared up on Sunday. Gave it another try on Monday and got wet, then the wind came up. Left Tuesday.... It sounds pretty bad down there right now... can't say I am upset to be at the office...

·
Registered
654 Posts
The rain has stopped now and water is going down. I haven't seen rain that hard in a long time, just glad we made it in before it hit. Hope the weather improves before Friday. There's good fishing to be had if the weather will cooperate.

Andy

Captains Playmate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts