2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any good places to buy Sardines, Ribbons, ect. in Port Aransas. I am going down for a 40 hr on Sat. and didn't know if I need to stock up before going or if I could find some good prices there.

Any information is much appreciated thanks in Advance

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Tom and Marrys place >Port A Outfitters<.....................later,Dave

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
most party boats don't supply the best baits available. they supply squid and and the cheaper dead baits. it doesn't hurt to buy some good baits and bring them with you. you may also want to bring a sabiki rig to catch your live baits if they don't have a good deck hand that can catch bait.....rick

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
I dont think Mcgolfer takes heads alot but, Any trip I have ever been on (I dont go out on head boats alot either) that was longer than 10 hours has had a great a bait supply including live bait.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
argo
i hate to say it but i have been on a few headboats. none of them provide ballyhoo,cigar minnows, ribbonfish of any size or any of the more expensive baits. they do have an abbundance of the cheaper bulk baits. some of the boats will also have a few live baits when they leave the dock but be prepared to catch your own and you might do better than most on the boat. live baits generally are the most productive offshore...rick

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great thanks for the info, the trip is on the dolphin docks. I have a few sabiki rigs, hope they stop for live bait. I will pick up a few cigars, sardines, ballyhoo etc before getting there. Just didn't know if there was any any the area that is usually reliable. I like to have an assortment different from what everyone else has. I live in the Houston area (Pearland) just may have to make a run to Galveston or Freeport before leaving.

kg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts