2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather was great for our two day trip. We hit the East Brakes on the first day only to find green water and tough fishing. We trolled to Dutra and the water was pretty much the same. We finally settled on a weed line(first decent one I've seen all year.)and blue water around the 300 fathom hump. We picked up 2 nice Wahoo, the largest going 72 pounds at the dock and a 15 pound dollphin. We trolled for two days with only 2 whites whacking at the large marlin lures. They will certainly wake you up from the monotinous trolling and no bites. The "HOT REEL" caught and released 4 whites on saturday trolling natural baits. 2 more on sunday was the last word I heard over the radio for the "HOT REEL". The white marlin has been "HOT" for the last couple of weeks. Whooped after two days of trolling and we stop at the baker rigs to try for some monster AJ action. No takers except a barely legal AJ, a horse eye jack and a pair of large bar jacks. We hit all of the baker rigs but the big guys were not wanting to play. We'll get them next time.

Gonzofish

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
That trip would be a season for me, I'd quit until next year, surely you have used up all your good karma. Congrats on the record, even if it was temporary.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plenty of pictures taken from the guy's that chartered the boat. They said they would e-mail copy's. I'll post them up as soon as I get them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts