2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be fishing out of Port Aransas on Friday & Saturday on my 22' Outrage "VORTEX". I will be heading out to mid 30's at first light and returning mid day monitering channel 16 / 68 through out the day. Anybody else planning on fishing either of those days wanting to buddy boat give a shout out with your boat name so we can look for each other on the VHF. I may also fish some evenings in close if the traffic is not to bad. Good Luck & FISH-ON!
Richman-Out!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I will be down there too. I keep the boat in Turtle Cove, right across from Fishermans Wharf. I have a 31 Contender named Panama Woman.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Will be there Sat, Sun, and Monday!!!

I will be out there Saturday - Monday. Leave before daylight, back late afternoon, early evening. Going East Saturday, probably more South on Sunday. Name of Boat is "Miss Jan", a 27' Center Console Bay Hawk mold vessle. Will be monitoring 16- I will try to get you on radio late morning. Good luck and tight lines!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ill be fishing definately Saturday and Sunday. Plan is to head to high 20's low 30's. Might fish tomorrow, Friday, if I can round up a crew. Was planning on heading to double yellow for the first stop this morning, and then head deeper, but the person I took with me wasnt feeling good after we hit the jetties. Seas were much more than 2-3' this morning due to a few thunder storms right offshore, but were calming down by afternoon.

Im in a 22' Pro-Sport with a blue t-top. Ch 16 on the radio.

Zach

PS-Anyone wanting to buddy boat this weekend just shoot me and e-mail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boat Name?

Zach, Whats your boat name so we can catch you on the VHF?
I'll be fishing Friday & Saturday.
Richman-Out!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Richman, no boat name as of yet. Still trying to come up with something creative, that I can slightly modify and use on my larger boat later (its inevitiable that this boat will be much too small in a few years LOL). The gf thinks I should name it "Hart Broke", since my last name is Hart. LOL Ill answer to Zach if I hear it on the VHF.

Argo, sorry you guys had problems. I was looking forward to the "you should have been out here today" report. We made it less than a mile from the jetties before the guy I had with me turned green. LOL With the few thunderheads out there the winds were cranking pretty good and the waves were steep. Around 10AM everything was nice. We ended up anchoring off the S. jetty and watched a guy catch red after red. He told us to come and anchor near him, as soon as we did the bite shut down and no one caught another fish. LOL We did end up catching one 28" red after moving over to the N. Jetty.

Im gona drag the boat back to PA tomorrow and fish somewhere, probably do some trolling with in a few miles of the jetties or fish off the end of the jetties. With no crew for tomorrow, im gona stay in close, probably load up on some of those piggies for Sat.

Zach

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
We are going to try and brave the "3-4s" on monday in port A to see what we can rustle up. Takeing my buddies 25' mako w/ twin 200s out this time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2 to 3 MY *ss

Well, I picked up 2 deck hands for Friday's fishing trip, 1 friend & a guy off another board. My friend does a no show (loser) but my new buddy from the board shows and helps out picking up the bait now that I'm running late. The conditions were less than desireable to say the least. Half way out to the intended fishing grounds I give my fishing partner that I just meet half an hour ago the idea that we can turn around if he wants and he replys " I'm not a *uss"
OK...... we head out to Double Yellow first and start fishing. To make a long story short 2 and a half hours later on our 5th rig we land a nice King close to 40lbs and 2 Baracuda's 1 about the same size of the king. My hats off to my new fishing buddy Trev for hanging in there when conditions were less than perfect, we really had to work for those fish! As for my so called friend that could not be depended on AGAIN! I got a new fishing partner.
Richman-Out!........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts