2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, finally got back down to the island after moving into the new house. Weather was nice, few showers, moving tides and a couple of fish to be had.

Sat 10-2 Decided to wade again due to the higher tides. We waded East Flats areas, Ingleside, and Dagger. Quit at 2:00pm with 4 trout and 3 reds in the cooler for supper that night. Man were they good! All fish caught on Norton Mardi Gras bull minnows and Bone topwaters.

Sun 10-3 Woke up early to thunderstorms. We took the kids, so we decided it would be wise to wait them out. I am glad we did. We picked up a quart of half dead shrimp and headed into the flats to look for some pull back for them. Through the piggies, 10" trout, croakers, and reds, the kids caught some fish. Attached is my 5 yr old nephew with his first (smaller) and second redfish ever (23"). Boy was he fired up.

All in all a good relaxing time....

SC

Attachments

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Sight Cast,
they still pushing those Mardi Gras plastics at the grocery store in Port O'Connor?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kenny,
I havent seen any, although I havent been to POC in about 3 weeks. I have used many colors in my life, and I cannot find any higher confidence in another bait right now. I buy them by the hundreds!

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
It's Because Of Great Uncles Like You.....

who make those kiddos start thinking about getting a college education at such an early age. Thinking..., "Someday I'm going to get a boat just like my uncle's who took me out and put me on 'em back when I was a kid....." BTW, those are my same old "stomping grounds" when I was just slightly older than your nephew. He's never gonna' forget you for that!! Congrats. Great memories. LOL!! CF?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts