2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:birthday2

I just finished talking to a fishing buddy of mine in Port A. This past Wednesday, June 14th was very interesting day on the water. The blue water did in fact come inside the jetties. People fishing off the pier at Clines Landing and the pier at Charlies Pasture were hooking up with Kingfish. Charlies Pasture is about 1 mile inside the ferry landing towards Corpus. That's incredible.

Also, at the anchorage, where the tankers anchor before coming into Corpus (about 3 miles off the jetties) wahoo were numerous. This friend of mine caught 4 hoos at the ships and saw at least 12 others landed by other boats. This is really rare for this time of year. Too bad I didn't get to enjoy it. He went to Southern early that day and it was dead. Heard on the VHF that all the fish were within 8 miles of the jetties. So he came back in and enjoyed some great inshore fishing. He caught limits of kings, 2 ling, 5 dolphin over 10 lbs, and 4 hoos about 22 lb avg.

Friday, June 16th the weather went very sour. Seas are now 6-8s and blue water has moved 9 miles off. Saturday is supposed to be 7--9s.

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
Kingfish have been in Matagorda Bay for at least two weeks now, and have been very hungry. I wonder if the big mystery fish we hooked last Wednesday may have been a Wahoo. It sure was running like one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's Sat morning and I just checked the weather bouy nearest to Port A. 9 1/2' seas with 29 knot winds. Hey Costal, seems like you live a interesting life from your posts. Not having to pay property taxes must be nice. The rates in Port A have gone up 114% on my place in the past 4 years. Corpus has only gone up 10% in the same period. Were getting screwed in Port A by the County. By the way, keep the pics of Amy coming. There the best things on this board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts