2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The fishing was pretty good all around on the bottom and at the rigs. Ling and amberjack were hitting pretty good but most of them were undersized. I got a nice 20lbish snapper and filled the limit with smaller ones as well as a ling and nice amberjack. I will try to post a picture with the fish and my boy if it lets me. I took my 4 year old and he did great on the trip. I was proud of the little trooper. All of the larger fish were caught on live perch in the 4" range. Any larger and they would not take them and the dead bait brought in the smaller fish. It was nice weather and fair 3' choppy seas. I am glad I took my 6/0 and 9/0 because everyone else with the boat gear got brushed off on the rigs with bigger fish or their line broke because it was **** line. the snapper was caught on the 6/0 with no prob and the ling and amberjack were caught on the 9/0 without a problem either. It was fun fighting 22lb drag but it was done and they were horsed in without a hitch.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
Argo

Glad you were able to get out there and get some. As you probably have read before the board crashed, the Port A trip last weekend was not too fruitful for us, Three keeper snaps and a few breakoffs.
Glad to hear that your boy did well. I cant wait until my daughter is old enough to hold a fishing pole.( She's 10.5mo's old) You just cant start teaching them to fish too early. Hopefully the weather will settle down, and let the summer pattern take ahold. Maybe we all can have a nice weekend offshore, before too long. What boat did you go out on? I remember you posting up about going on a 12 hr.
Adios,
Bret

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I went on the 12 hour trip. we seemed to go due east for the first 18 miles and then NE from there another 10-15 miles. Water color was blue but not real clear blue. I cant crop my pics small enough to post them, kinda annoying.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Picture resizing

Argo,
Do a Google search for a program called IrfanView and put it on your computer. You can resize your pictures without having to crop them to the 650 pixels wide. If Mont sees this, I know he had posted the link to the website before. I had it at work and just copied the files onto a disk and loaded it onto my home PC. It is a lot easier than cropping and you can keep the picture whole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts