2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FISH ON!!!!!!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out saturday with my dad and my girlfriend in hopes of hitting that big rip that we saw on hiltons. to our surprise, that freakin wind tore up the grass line that we hoped to find. but, we did find the temp break with the electronics and trolled to southern. my girlfriend ended up boating a really nice hooter that hit a lumo colored wombat pakula. the wahoo that we boated last wkend also hit a dolphin colored skirt which makes me believe that the hoo's have been terrorizing the dorado. we ended up makin it over to southern and tried to jig up some blkfins or whatever wanted some lead. on one of my drops, i decided to burn the jig up just in case a wahoo was around and ended up getting the attention of a nice sail!!!! my dad and I were both not expecting a sail to show up so i drifted a ballyhoo on a 30 class to see if he would hook up. About 2 minutes later the 30 was screamin with the sail jumping like crazy! he ended up tossing the hook but it was still pretty cool to say the least. tried the same technique again and we boated a nice little mahi. not a bad day to say the least. by the way, my girlfriend, Christy, boated all of the fish. sometimes you gotta let the ladies have fun too! i'll try to post the pics this week.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Nice report, thanks. That's the best report from Southern in quite awhile, maybe the life is coming back.

·
FISH ON!!!!!!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wombat is the head style. they have all different types of heads. the cool thing about them is that they are soft but not as soft as moldcrafts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts