2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isnt a thread for fishing, but they took away the board for bass fishing. i live out by George bush park and i want to try and catch something in the ponds around here. what are some good all around summer time lures to try for bass in these ponds. i have had good luck with small grub tail type spinner baits, not much or a worm fisherman, but have lots of others in the box to try, just hate throwing a thousand lures before finding one that works. any ideas would be great. thanks, MIKE

hopefully will be out there in some of them tomorrow after work, will post up any findings.

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,991 Posts
I like using a small white spinnerbait with a colorado blade. I do a decent amount of pond fishing and I catch mostly 10"-15" fish with it. On 8# line and a small spinning reel, it's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i've never seen anything out there other than catfish and turtles caught in those ponds. if you know otherwise pm me. i'm walking distance from there...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think there might be more perch and catfish than bass, but you never know. if you walk over the levie were buffalo bayou goes under it, off of hwy 6 it looks like it might hold a few bass. bad part is it also looks like it might hold more snakes than fish.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any small inline spinner would work well.

I have also had good success with the "Bitsy Minnow" White, or baby bass color in small ponds.

One other way if you are interested, go the the local pet or aquarium store, and get some feeder gold fish. They are like candy to bass.

Just my .02

Also, the bass forum moved to the link below.

http://www.ccmbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
If you throw a rooster tail in 1/8th oz and you aren't catch something....there are no fish in there. It's a layup when you use that lure. White is an almost guaranteed catch if there are bass and perch in the water.

·
Fishing expert, but not catching expert.
345 Posts
I use watermellon seed zoom u-tails, and dip the tail in a chartreuse dye in the little ponds around where I live. June bug (the color)also works pretty well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts