2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my neighborhood has a pond stocked with bass, crappie and perch. I went down there this evening and all kinds of fish were popping the top of the water, but I couldn't seem to get any takers. I tried a topwater and roadrunner. The water was calm and right at dusk. This is a hill country pond and the water is pretty clear. Any suggestions on lures to try?

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
So my neighborhood has a pond stocked with bass, crappie and perch. I went down there this evening and all kinds of fish were popping the top of the water, but I couldn't seem to get any takers. I tried a topwater and roadrunner. The water was calm and right at dusk. This is a hill country pond and the water is pretty clear. Any suggestions on lures to try?
It sounds like there was an insect hatch. If you can figure out what they were eating, the rule is "match the hatch". Sounds like a fun job for a fly rod.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Been fishing in the hillcountry for last couple days, pulled some HOGS out of the blanco on bluegill. Best lure has been a topwater lizard buzzed accross the top of the nastiest brush you can find. Texas rig the zoom lizard weightless and haul them in.

Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts