2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.
13,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know an e-mail address I can contact the executives at Polaris?

I'm about to drop $650+ for a new carb on a 2003 model.

I have the old carb and there is a crack along the top of it. The guy showed me the bushings that held the mounting plate to the frame. They essentially collapsed, thus allowing excess movement of the carb with every bump, frame twist, etc.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Good luck trying to get ahold of somebody at Polaris. I bought a brand new four wheeler two years ago and the first six months was nothing but problems and the service centers I took it to couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I sent atleast 10 emails to Polaris Inc. in Canada and never heard back from them. Finally took it to Johhny Word Cycles in League City and he checked the entire bike for me and found the problem, he even charged it to warranty work so I no money came out of my pocket.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You have to be careful where you take it for work. I too had problems taking my to a certain dealer in Bazoria county. I then took mine to Gene's Polaris in Baytown and they took good care of my Sportsman. It is almost 8 years old now and still no problems. You might check on their web site and see what you can fine about talking to the Factory.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 2003 sportsman 700 4x4 and the side body panels started melting from the heat given off by the engine. I called polaris and they had nothing to say. I met alot of people online with the same problem and polaris won't do anything about it. Good luck getting them to help you. Good fourwheelers but bad service.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
phi214 said:
I have a 2003 sportsman 700 4x4 and the side body panels started melting from the heat given off by the engine. I called polaris and they had nothing to say. I met alot of people online with the same problem and polaris won't do anything about it. Good luck getting them to help you. Good fourwheelers but bad service.
I remember that problem and Highlifter did a lot of work to help Polaris solve that problem. Highlifter.com is a good site to look for answers to all ATV help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts